Social How #metoo works in Indonesaia

Grunk

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
'I went to prison and he got promoted': Indonesia's #MeToo moment"

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/wo...indonesia-s-metoo-moment-20181218-p50n2p.html

Jakarta: Imagine your boss had an affair with a colleague, regaled you with the salacious details and then, when you recorded him harassing you and shared it with a trusted colleague, you were the one who went to jail.

This was Baiq Nuril Maknun's nightmare under Indonesia's infamous Information and Electronic Transactions (ITE) law."

This didn't quite go to plan....breaking one law to seek another law enforced has its drawbacks.

Not surprising in an Islamic country. Women are seen as second class citizens.

I find nothing about that story surprising. Islam is a disgusting backwards belief system.

I find nothing about that story surprising. Islam is a disgusting backwards belief system.

Islam is a religion of peace. Dont you remember german white girls crying with joy while "allah akbar" feminists stood with muslims against oppressive Trump and white men nationalists.

Sounds like another great reason to accept more Indonesian Muslims immigrants to America and into the work force.

'I went to prison and he got promoted': Indonesia's #MeToo moment"

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/wo...indonesia-s-metoo-moment-20181218-p50n2p.html

Jakarta: Imagine your boss had an affair with a colleague, regaled you with the salacious details and then, when you recorded him harassing you and shared it with a trusted colleague, you were the one who went to jail.

This was Baiq Nuril Maknun's nightmare under Indonesia's infamous Information and Electronic Transactions (ITE) law."

This didn't quite go to plan....breaking one law to seek another law enforced has its drawbacks.
Don't try to validate this American #metoo bullshit with crimes from foreign Islamic countries.

#metoo is a bullshit western feminazi agenda wielded to artificially neuter the socioeconomic and political power of men-- chiefly white Republican men-- whether proportionately just or unjust. It is a dishonest, corrupt, evil movement masquerading as a civil rights movement. Many of the same women driving movements like these include figures like Linda Sarsour who are mentally deranged about Islam, and unwilling to confront its unique value-based deficiencies. Cue the Sinead O'Connor effect.

Western press outlets are employing this same bullshit tactic, now. They run headlines, "At this rate the gender gap won't be closed for another 217 years." Not only do they continue to use nonsensical metrics for measuring the gender gap, but NOT A SINGLE WESTERN PRESS OUTLET RELATING THE CONTENTS OF THAT WEF FORUM REPORT MADE A SINGLE MENTION of the fact the story covers the global gender gap in wages. What people do in shithole countries has no bearing on the nature of gender equality in the USA & the West, nor is it the American people's burden-- in fact not even our right as most of the world sees it-- to go stomping about imperially dictating to other sovereign nations how to organize their laws and culture.

The subjugation of women across many parts of the globe is very real, and it is intensely concentrated in Islamic countries that western #metoo liberals are too craven to honestly confront. They treat speaking the moral iniquity uniquely inherent to Islam like it was Voldemort's name.

War Room conservatives: The #metoo movement is fucking bullshit and gives power to fake accusations. Women who make fake accusations should receive the same punishment as the man would've for rape.

Also War Room conservatives: Fuckin muzzies are backwards and don't respect women. Women should feel safe making rape accusations #believeallwomen.

I wish there was a country called United Conservistan where all the most backward savages of all countries could live together in constant tribal piety contests and kill each other off.

Last edited:
Don't try to validate this American #metoo bullshit with crimes from foreign Islamic countries.

#metoo is a bullshit western feminazi agenda wielded to artificially neuter the socioeconomic and political power of men-- chiefly white Republican men-- whether proportionately just or unjust. It is a dishonest, corrupt, evil movement masquerading as a civil rights movement.

This is such a stock response. This is how conservatives respond to EVERY progressive social movement. MLK heard the same shit. Remember "the gay agenda"? It ignores the nature of social movements in favor of demonizing the underprivileged.

If anyone wants to improve the status of a disadvantaged group, they need political power, which involves numbers and influence. If you want numbers, you have to make the message broad enough to appeal to many. If you want influence, you have to make the message evocatic enough to tug heartstrings. This means you end up with a diluted message that is more story than fact.

This is how shit gets done. Your post could replace "the #metoo" movement with the civil rights movement or the workers' rights movement or suffrage or ending apartheid or ending colonialism or any significant social movement of the last several centuries that improved the lives for any underpowered group and your argument would be equally as valid.

This is such a stock response. This is how conservatives respond to EVERY progressive social movement. MLK heard the same shit. Remember "the gay agenda"? It ignores the nature of social movements in favor of demonizing the underprivileged.

If anyone wants to improve the status of a disadvantaged group, they need political power, which involves numbers and influence. If you want numbers, you have to make the message broad enough to appeal to many. If you want influence, you have to make the message evocatic enough to tug heartstrings. This means you end up with a diluted message that is more story than fact.

This is how shit gets done. Your post could replace "the #metoo" movement with the civil rights movement or the workers' rights movement or suffrage or ending apartheid or ending colonialism or any significant social movement of the last several centuries that improved the lives for any underpowered group and your argument would be equally as valid.
No, it's a thoughtful evisceration parsing this movement's sincere agenda from the real problems around the world it hijacks in a disingenuous endeavor to validate that agenda.

This isn't that. Spare me your nonsense about "demonizing the underprivileged" to defend a movement built on demonization without due process. Not surprised to hear your communistic "gotta crack a few eggs" rationalization for men being unjustly railroaded. You don't care about justice. You care about justice only for a specific group of people, as you have just declared, and that will never truly be justice.

Frankly, I can't never take any social position you assume seriously after you said you wouldn't care if the First Amendment got dissolved. For someone who cares so much about the underprivileged you certainly have offered a lot of glowing praise for China, its political philosophy, and how its government runs the place. Over 1 million Uighurs in concentration *excuse me* internment camps. That's where your "progressive social movement" mentality leads. I have no desire to be preached to about MLK by someone so blind.

I’m noticing a severe decline in Muslim apologist during this latest onslaught of yet more bad Muslim press. Maybe most are either tired of defending it or seeing the light.

Lol @ the Muslim bashing in Indonesia from the conservatives.

That place is your dream. Super low crime rate, crime punished with severe penalties. Poor as shit for 99%, with a very wealthy elite class.

Taste the air, and smell the blood from their last whipping as they live in a country ran by their religious beliefs.

I swear the right has such a hard on for muzzies, because you are jealous they have what you want.

Seems like the typical right-wing mentality here. They hate a thing or concept unless it's inflicted on some Muslim country in which case they can't get enough of it. They don't dislike MeToo based on principle (do they have principles?), they dislike it because it is focused a bit too close to home. Inflict it on Johnny Foreigner and then we'll back you vociferously. we'll even become hardline feminists for you, but leave us poor suffering souls alone.

I’m noticing a severe decline in Muslim apologist during this latest onslaught of yet more bad Muslim press. Maybe most are either tired of defending it or seeing the light.

They are trying to think of something edgy to say.

Some Islameck appologists also got banned for trolling too I guess.

Some even made the false equivocation of Hijab laws to Western anti nudity laws.

No, it's a thoughtful evisceration parsing this movement's sincere agenda from the real problems around the world it hijacks in a disingenuous endeavor to validate that agenda.

This isn't that. Spare me your nonsense about "demonizing the underprivileged" to defend a movement built on demonization without due process. Not surprised to hear your communistic "gotta crack a few eggs" rationalization for men being unjustly railroaded. You don't care about justice. You care about justice only for a specific group of people, as you have just declared, and that will never truly be justice.

Frankly, I can't never take any social position you assume seriously after you said you wouldn't care if the First Amendment got dissolved. For someone who cares so much about the underprivileged you certainly have offered a lot of glowing praise for China, its political philosophy, and how its government runs the place. Over 1 million Uighurs in concentration *excuse me* internment camps. That's where your "progressive social movement" mentality leads. I have no desire to be preached to about MLK by someone so blind.

Lol. What is this? "Rather than addressing your critique, here are some positions I believe you hold. They're despicable."

Just because you think your position is an...evisceration (it didn't make you cringe to type that? who talks about their own arguments that way?) doesn't mean that it is. Your argument is a stock response to socially progressive movements (and I'm a social conservative who has been warning about the overreach of leftist sexual politics since before GamerGate, so drop all that bs).

Here, I'll show you:
critic of suffrage said:
women's suffrage is a bullshit western feminazi agenda wielded to artificially neuter the socioeconomic and political power of men--chiefly white Republican men-- whether proportionately just or unjust. It is a dishonest, corrupt, evil movement masquerading as a civil rights movement.

Or this:
critic of racial equality said:
the black rights movement is a bullshit western feminazi agenda wielded to artificially neuter the socioeconomic and political power of men-- chiefly white Republican men-- whether proportionately just or unjust. It is a dishonest, corrupt, evil movement masquerading as a civil rights movement.

Are you seriously contending that this is not the standard critique given by the Right? If not this, then what? What did the opponents of the civil rights movement argue? Serious question.

Seems like the typical right-wing mentality here. They hate a thing or concept unless it's inflicted on some Muslim country in which case they can't get enough of it. They don't dislike MeToo based on principle (do they have principles?), they dislike it because it is focused a bit too close to home. Inflict it on Johnny Foreigner and then we'll back you vociferously. we'll even become hardline feminists for you, but leave us poor suffering souls alone.
There's a very common hypocrisy among some of the right wingers I see here. At home they dismiss social justice activists but when the subject of Muslims come up they praise the West largely because of the rights that were agitated for by progressive social activists.

To be fair there are good reasons for criticizing left wing social activists in many cases but often right wingers dismiss their movements and arguments completely, only to turn around and brag about the gains those activists types made in the past in the face of foreign countries.

Some even made the false equivocation of Hijab laws to Western anti nudity laws.
Those aren't equivalent but the difference between them is in degree, not kind.

Seriously doubt the latter is the case.

I think it's the former.

Lol. What is this? "Rather than addressing your critique, here are some positions I believe you hold. They're despicable."

Just because you think your position is an...evisceration (it didn't make you cringe to type that? who talks about their own arguments that way?) doesn't mean that it is. Your argument is a stock response to socially progressive movements (and I'm a social conservative who has been warning about the overreach of leftist sexual politics since before GamerGate, so drop all that bs).

Here, I'll show you:

Or this:

Are you seriously contending that this is not the standard critique given by the Right? If not this, then what? What did the opponents of the civil rights movement argue? Serious question.
Do you believe your response is any less canned? You could be a parrot for The Daily Beast, Slate, HuffPo, and Jezebel.

I'm have never argued that widespread misogyny and abuse across the globe aren't real. In fact, I was one of the few posters who highlighted these issues-- as with Islam-- before these #woke dilettantes showed up and made it trendy. That was back before ISIS who woke the world up to Islam, and got people learning more about their abject, widespread, acute cultural depravities. I had posters trying to get me de-modded for being an "Islamophobe", LOL. I was nearly alone. Boy did that change after 2013-14. I have argued in detail the shortcomings and obvious political agenda of #metoo in many posts over the past few years. I'm not going to regurgitate a novel every time. I supplied a specific example of one of those women's thought leaders whose own politics are self-contradictory with regard to targeting the most oppressive majorities, specifically their greatest institutions of power, and breaking a few eggs to "get shit done".

Why do you think there is so little political emphasis on scouring the single greatest hotbed of sexual abuse in our country? It happens at home. It's incest abuse. It's fathers, uncles, brothers, cousins. Why is there no "listen and believe" in these instances? The answer is because though it very much involves an abuse of power there is no real political power or wealth to exploit by tearing down the perpetrators. Furthermore, guess which ethnicity is linked to significantly higher rates of sexual abuse at home than the scaru controlling majority of white CIS males, Leagon? I bet you can guess.

So of course the engineers of this movement aren't pushing hard to police these groups or trumpet their group-correlated predispositions in the press to demonize that group of people, and spur greater action to address it. They'd be going at war with their own base. It's about going after positions of power and wealth including institutions like MSU which has the deep pockets to pay out a half billion dollar class-action settlement. At least that was real. It's also about disingenuously trying to drum up outrage to block a Supreme Court nomination because, well, he was Republican and a man. It's about couching the movement in anecdotal abuse cases about Stanford students like white boy Brock Larson, where the story is framed in racial terms, politically, when in the case of minority rap stars like R. Kelly and 6ix9ine I only recall a single story that took the opportunity to highlight racial/cultural problems with regard to rates of sexual abuse.

In the USA, for all sexual assaults, not just those involving incest abuse at home:
  • Guess who is most likely to perpetrate a sexual assault per capita? Black men.
  • Guess the status of those most likely to commit a sexual assault? Felons.
  • Guess which group is overwhelmingly most likely to sexually assault men? Gay men.
  • Guess where these sexual assaults are most likely to take place? Urban areas (i.e. blue strongholds)
  • Guess which households are most likely to involve sexual abuse? The poorest; specifically broken homes or those with a single parent.
  • Guess what is more likely than less likely to be involved in a sexual assault? Alcohol or drug use.

So if this movement is truly about sexual assault, if it is truly about helping survivors and preventing more crime, then why aren't these liberal activists on a cultural crusade against black men, felons, gays, the culture of drug use, the poor, and broken marriages? Roughly 7 out of 10 of all sexual assault victims are children-- most from these broken homes. Can you honestly say to my face that this movement has centered itself in a focus on the abuse of children? Children aren't at work, yet. No boss with a higher salary to displace. No need for a stick to swing at an ever-giving pinata. It's more important to work people up to a point of hysteria so that a mere word is all it takes to destroy the career of a man like Chris Hardwick.

Wake up. This shit isn't about justice. It isn't about sexual assault. It's about money and power, and going after the groups that have it. That was prostituted to the point people noticed, so now they're attempting to borrow genuine abuse from abroad under the same label to justify the shit they pulled on Brett Kavanaugh.

Go fuck yourself, #metoo.

Do you believe your response is any less canned?

So you're admitting that your response was stock?

I'm have never argued that widespread misogyny and abuse across the globe aren't real. In fact, I was one of the few posters who highlighted these issues-- as with Islam-- before these #woke dilettantes showed up and made it trendy. That was back before ISIS who woke the world up to Islam, and got people learning more about their abject, widespread, acute cultural depravities. I had posters trying to get me de-modded for being an "Islamophobe", LOL. I was nearly alone. Boy did that change after 2013-14. I have argued in detail the shortcomings and obvious political agenda of #metoo in many posts over the past few years. I'm not going to regurgitate a novel every time. I supplied a specific example of one of those women's march thought leaders whose own politics are self-contradictory with regard to targeting the most oppressive majorities, specifically their greatest institutions of power, and breaking a few eggs to "get shit done".

Why do you think there is so little political emphasis on scouring the single greatest hotbed of sexual abuse in our country? It happens at home. It's incest abuse. It's fathers, uncles, brothers, cousins. Why is there no "listen and believe" in these instances? The answer is because though it very much involves an abuse of power there is no real political power or wealth to exploit by tearing down the perpetrators. Furthermore, guess which ethnicity is linked to significantly higher rates of sexual abuse at home than the scaru controlling majority of white CIS males, Leagon? I bet you can guess.

So of course the engineers of this movement aren't pushing hard to police these groups or trumpet their group-correlated predispositions in the press to demonize that group of people, and spur greater action to address it. They'd be going at war with their own base. It's about going after positions of power and wealth including institutions like MSU which has the deep pockets to pay out a half billion dollar class-action settlement. At least that was real. It's also about disingenuously trying to drum up outrage to block a Supreme Court nomination because, well, he was Republican and a man. It's about couching the movement in anecdotal abuse cases about Stanford students like white boy Brock Larson, where the story is framed in racial terms, politically, when in the case of minority rap stars like R. Kelly and 6ix9ine I only recall a single story that took the opportunity to highlight racial/cultural problems with regard to rates of sexual abuse.

In the USA, for all sexual assaults, not just those involving incest abuse at home:
  • Guess who is most likely to perpetrate a sexual assault per capita? Black men.
  • Guess the status of those most likely to commit a sexual assault? Felons.
  • Guess which group is overwhelmingly most likely to sexually assault men? Gay men.
  • Guess where these sexual assaults are most likely to take place? Urban areas (i.e. blue strongholds)
  • Guess which households are most likely to involve sexual abuse? The poorest; specifically broken homes or those with a single parent.
  • Guess what is more likely than less likely to be involved in a sexual assault? Alcohol or drug use.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that this unnecessary rambling isn't deliberate obfuscation. It is, however, totally irrelevant to our discussion.

So if this movement is truly about sexual assault, if it is truly about helping survivors and preventing more crime,

Well, here's the problem. You don't even know what the #metoo movement is about. It's not about sexual assault. It's about abuse of power.

then why aren't these liberal activists on a cultural crusade against black men, felons, gays, the culture of drug use, the poor, and broken marriages? Roughly 7 out of 10 of all sexual assault victims are children-- most from these broken homes. Can you honestly say to my face that this movement has centered itself in a focus on the abuse of children? Children aren't at work, yet. No boss with a higher salary to displace. No need for a stick to swing at an ever-giving pinata. It's more important to work people up to a point of hysteria so that a mere word is all it takes to destroy the career of a man like Chris Hardwick.

Wake up. This shit isn't about justice. It isn't about sexual assault. It's about money and power, and going after the groups that have it. That was prostituted to the point people noticed, so now they're attempting to borrow genuine abuse from abroad under the same label to justify the shit they pulled on Brett Kavanaugh.

Go fuck yourself, #metoo.

Jesus, you actually said "wake up". You're becoming a parody of yourself. It's fascinating to watch, but bizarre.

Anyway, my point was that your critique is one that is interchangeable with all progressive social movements. At first you disagreed with me (so much so that you felt it may even beneath you to answer due to...*re-reads*...my views on China). Then you said, "So what, your post is too!!!". Then you wrote a 40 page defense of your position that totally, fundamentally misunderstood the concept at the root of our question.

If you had a point, you could've made it in a few sentences. Instead, you're just throwing things at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Let's just skip to the end, where you say that you secretly understand what I'm saying better than I do and that you know best and that you have your arguments memorized and aren't just frantically googling stats to back you up while not really taking the time to understand the full context of those numbers.

Those aren't equivalent but the difference between them is in degree, not kind.

Still a big difference only a moron devoid of common sense would use that comparison in a practical debate about penalties for not wearing a hijab.

That could be accepted as an argument in an edgy philosopy class.

But there is clearly a huge difference between walking naked and not wearing a Hijab that its really idiotic to bring up anti nudity laws in a hijab burka discussion, those who brought it up as an arguments knows it is ridiculous and I am sure you know it too.

Last edited:
Back