How Much Did You Spend On A Wedding Ring?

Thinking the price of a ring means ANYTHING would be the most stupid thing in the world, thats just ego, from you or from her.... love is what you should feel secure about, and the word "price" doesnt even exist in the world of love.... which is what you are supposedly trying to create when you marry by the way

I bought my ring in an exchange for a job I did which was less than a grand approximately (never thought about the price) been married for 15 years and I think I will die with this woman (I cant speak for her but I think she feels the same way) she cares for that ring as one of the most precious things, I have zero idea how much it really costs and I really dont care, neither does she!

This is 1,000% correct

TL/DW: The DeBeers marketing team truly and literally came up with the "2 months' salary rule" thing. And we've following along for decades.

Anything that has to do with weddings is a scam. Basically any ring, dress, venue, haircut, etc is double the price if it has "wedding" attached to it. The wedding industrial complex is a joke.

Anything that has to do with weddings is a scam. Basically any ring, dress, venue, haircut, etc is double the price if it has "wedding" attached to it. The wedding industrial complex is a joke.

Mah boy Conover covered this as well

My mom just said she'd pay for my wedding and the honeymoon? However I do have to buy the ring.

How rich is this beetch?

My mom just said she'd pay for my wedding and the honeymoon? However I do have to buy the ring.

How rich is this beetch?
My wife's parents had put aside $10k for each of their kids weddings. We decided to get married for free on Sunset Cliffs here in San Diego and throw a party at some upscale Tiki bar on the water and cover the bar tab which ended up being like $900 for about 30-35 people. We took that $10k her parents put aside for a wedding toward the down payment of our house. Besides, $10k barely puts a dent in a bigger wedding. Neither one of use wanted some big fancy wedding (especially at 40 years old) because we think the whole thing is stupid.

We got married on March 7, 2020 before the whole world shut down so we didn't go on our honeymoon that year.. in fact, we're finally doing the "honeymoon" thing three years later, at the end of this month lol. We're paying for it all though.

My wife's parents had put aside $10k for each of their kids weddings. We decided to get married for free on Sunset Cliffs here in San Diego and throw a party at some upscale Tiki bar on the water and cover the bar tab which ended up being like $900 for about 30-35 people. We took that $10k her parents put aside for a wedding toward the down payment of our house. Neither one of use wanted some big fancy wedding (especially at 40 years old) because we think the whole thing is stupid.

We got married on March 7, 2020 before the whole world shut down so we didn't go on our honeymoon that year.. in fact, we're finally doing the "honeymoon" thing three years later, at the end of this month lol. We're paying for it all though.
Is that wifey in the avi and does she know it is? lol

#highfive

The suggestion used to be 2 months salary.

Oops, I read that as engagement ring.

That's absolutely wild, even more so considering what a giant scam diamonds are.

Should rather invest that in a nice vacation.

I got stones from a dead relative set in a $1000 setting.

Spent $1k, appraised $4.5k before wife lost the emeralds.

She occasionally talks about replacing the stones, I could give a fuck. It is a piece of jewelry that has nothing to do with our actual relationship.

Edit: I also thought this was a new thread about engagement rings.

Spent next to nothing on wedding band so no biggie if/when I lose it.

Wedding ring expenses can vary widely, and it's interesting to hear about different experiences. Your friend's choice to invest over 10K on an engagement ring is their personal preference, and spending decisions certainly differ from person to person.

I honestly don’t remember anymore

I spent about 2k on a custom ring and I still think it was overpriced.

Funny this got bumped, off on holiday soon and planning on buying a new ring for my wife but in 14k or 18k rather than 9k

ungrateful bitch

5ca0m6.jpg

Funny this got bumped, off on holiday soon and planning on buying a new ring for my wife but in 14k or 18k rather than 9k

Does the k represent the size of the diamond or the ammount of money you intend to spend?

Does the k represent the size of the diamond or the ammount of money you intend to spend?

I wish , it's the purity of the gold.

K- karat

In the UK most gold is 9 karat , in mainland Europe a lot more 14 or 18 k I believe.

I spent nothing.

My mom offered her wedding rings since she had taken to wearing her late mom’s rings. My wife was happy to inherit them since my parents have been happily married for 59 years.

I spent about 7 bucks on a gold-plated wedding band for myself. I wore it for the wedding and wedding photos and haven’t worn it since. We’ve been married for 11 years now.

Didn't spend a cent on either an engagement or wedding ring.

Back