How much do YOU think a fighter should make?

I dont know about an amount, but i do think they should make more from the total revenue, and first, the show/win SCAM needs to go, why would you pay a guy less when the crowd already paid to watch? The TV deal is already in place, tickets already sold, PPV already bought...they did their part which is fight.

Contracts lock down for time so people can't just simply walk, or else how far does that leverage go? Past pay? "I know I haven't won a LW fight in 5 years, but I would make your competitors millions, so give me a shot or I walk?" I did also mention sponsors, which shouldn't be inhibited, and points, so they would still cash in on their popularity, so any promotion that could still buy them outright from you would seemingly be one that also must succeed in b the thing you apparently won't be doing well in, general promotion.

That's aside from the fact how popularity isn't a 1-1 on buys/sales.

Huh? Not sure what you are trying to say. I need you to make sentences more clear

It should be tied to revenues, like every North American team sport. So let's say 48% of revenues or whatever.

The question is then how does this get split up among the fighters? In the above sports they have a minimum salary, but usually no maximum aside from limits on term and caps per team.

Also most team sports don't pay bums who have great social media presence, whereas the UFC does. And you have competition between teams, whereas the UFC is practically a monopoly.

The UFC has no teams so it'd be hard to come up with. I guess you could just leave it to them, with some minimum standards, to figure out which fighters to disperse the $$$ too, provided it gets dispersed. And have some assurances that if you meet certain criteria (total fights, wins, ranking, where you are on a card etc.) that your minimum goes up over time, with better guaranteed contracts.

You could never have a set formula because a guy like Connor will get paid more than Ilia Topuria and new signings can range from regional hillbilly to Olympic champion.

Without knowing revenues it's impossible to say exact amounts.

It gets screwed up when a guy like Paddy is 2nd billing on a PPV. Even if he sucks he should be getting $500K. Gordon is better than him, but he'd be on the prelims without Paddy. Should he only earn like $30k? Maybe that's his base and he gets a bump for being 2nd on a PPV. IDK.

a fair percentage of the company earnings, see football, baseball, basketball

They should be paid a bigger cut … but some seem to get a decent pay day and think they can sit out forever … Conor, ronda, Brock Atleast showed up and fought when they were supposed to

Fighter pay should def be a higher cut into what the company pays out though, they the reason people watch ufc fighting entertainment

Yeah yeah i know another fighter pay thread.

the thing is everyone either says “pay them more”. Or “they deserve what they agreed to or are worth”

What do you think a entry level fighter should get, to a mid tier, to an upper tier, to a champ.

and how would your pay process be implemented.
The fighters should get 40 % of the revenue. Divide that 40 % among all the fighters. Champs should make the most, then contenders, then main card fighters & undercard should be the lowest paid. Separate fight night bonuses for Main & undercard. Allow fighters to have sponsors. That's where the fighters who are big draws will make their real money. All fighters on the roster fight at least 3 times a year including champs.

They should warn in accordance with the revenue they generate, that simple. Most of these bums can’t even get their family to show up to watch

Go Cheese Heads lol
If it revenues billions then who's gonna argue to change it. It's still humorous outside looking in when you don't fund it.
You on the Green Bay side know as well as the Saints/LSU land, 20 years ago the stadium was half empty. People told you straight up they didn't watch that crap. Fans had bags on head. Couple winning seasons plus social media and football runs the entire state. They might have more power than the government :D The performance still isn't worth 1 mil a game for 1 player.
The funny thing is, the Packers filled their stadium when they were awful. They've had a long run of good teams, I wonder if younger fans will still shell out the dough if they go on another 2-3 decade run of yuck.

If they're good enough to fight in the UFC, they shouldn't need an outside source of income to be able to train full time or to be able to afford quality training.

Yeah yeah i know another fighter pay thread.

the thing is everyone either says “pay them more”. Or “they deserve what they agreed to or are worth”

What do you think a entry level fighter should get, to a mid tier, to an upper tier, to a champ.

and how would your pay process be implemented.

Enough to be able to support your family for a year if you fight let's say 3 times a year, even for lowbies.

Mid-tier should get at least 50k per fight

Top-tier 100k per fight

Champs 250k ~ 500k per fight

It's contingent on them making actually making it to the fight, you donkey. If they hurt themselves during training camp and pull out, they don't get shit. They're literally incentivized to fight through injuries or else their medical bills won't get paid.

Did you just conveniently forget about that part, or are you just that fuckin dumb? Try again, slow boy.

That's wrong. It's once you sign for a fight. It covers injuries in camp.

It's injuries you get when you don't have a fight booked that fighters have to cover themselves

That's wrong. It's once you sign for a fight. It covers injuries in camp.

It's injuries you get when you don't have a fight booked that fighters have to cover themselves
Apparently so. They still don't get shit after retirement so my original point still stands.

They should just double everybodys pay across the board at a bear minimum.
Entry level DWCS fighter go from making 8k/8k to 16k/16/k.
Guys on their 3rd tier contracts making 70k/70k are now making 140k/140k.
The big names making 500k/500k are now making 1 million/1 million etc.

What they pay their entry level fighters now is barely a sustainable living wage and yet they want to be mentioned in the same breath as NHL, NFL, NBA etc. Its laughable.

They should also have some short of insurance where if you injure yourself in training 2 weeks before your fight after putting 8 weeks into the training camp you are still paid a portion of your show money. The injured fighter might as well just fight injured so he can get his show money and at least pay his bills and they may even realize that if they bet on their opponent they make more then they would even with their win bonus.(*cough* Derick Miner *cough*) The UFC's deal with draftkings alone has gotta be worth like 100 million dollars, not only can they afford to do this but they have to in my opinion to maintain the integrity of gambling on the UFC. Obviously this might lead to more fighters pulling out of fights so there would have to be some way the UFC could confirm they are actually injured via a Dr's confirmation or something.

whatever AI says they should be paid. not a penny more or less.

if you cant get 50k to fight in the premier mma promotion, wtf is going on

Fighters deserve the MRP (marginal revenue product) they generate. Both individually and collectively.

Back