Social How old were you the first time you drank alcohol?

Don’t remember but probably some whisky real young from my grandpa, not sure tho. He used to take me when he’d go to the taverns. I remember the hot peanuts. Man I miss him. Never been an alcohol guy but I do enjoy an occasional shot or catching a nice beer buzz on a summer day.

I was probably around 9-13. Found an ancient box of a few mini bottles of vodka. That was the first sip that I had; I didn’t continue drinking though.

I got drunk at 13. 2-3 beers. Then again at 14, 15...Every New Years my best friend had a party and we would drink beers and the grils wine coolers. Get drunk and play spin the bottle or seven minutes in heaven. I didn't start drinking heavly until the end of senior year in High School. We always had games and meets that were too tough to do hung over. I had a game or meet every Saturday and Sunday for 4 years. I played 3 sports a year plus CYO and PAL.

7, I come from a long line of alcoholics.

Probably five or six.my grandma gave me a sip of a drink that her neighbor made and brought her for new years eve. I kept sneaking sips while she was distracted talking to her neighbor. I didn't get drunk
For the first time until I was in my mid twenties

Last edited:
Probably 6-8. Just a bit of beer, a small glass of wine, etc. Took all the mystery and allure out of alcohol and I went through high school and university drinking responsibly.

I got drunk at 13. 2-3 beers. Then again at 14, 15...Every New Years my best friend had a party and we would drink beers and the grils wine coolers. Get drunk and play spin the bottle or seven minutes in heaven. I didn't start drinking heavly until the end of senior year in High School. We always had games and meets that were too tough to do hung over. I had a game or meet every Saturday and Sunday for 4 years. I played 3 sports a year plus CYO and PAL.
Seven minutes in heaven, lol!!!

That takes me back

First time I had a sip of beer I was probably like six. First full beer around 15 and 1st drunk at 17.

Taste beer?

I'm from a poor Irish family, all of us taste beer before 1st grade.

1st time really drinking, 13.

I had tasted alcohol for the first time around 10 or so.

I'll never forget the first time I got drunk, was 13 At friends house. Did two shots of Beefeater and drank an entire beer. Was enough to wreck a young lad for the night lol.

Last edited:
Think I was about 14 by 16 drinking most weekends .We used to get 50 pence bottles of scorpion lager and 1.50 bottles of omega cheap cider 1L .

Dad gave me my first sip. I think I was around 12. It was Bud Heavy. I thought it tasted like shit. Didn't really start drinking until Senior year of college. Am a high functioning alcoholic now.

I can remember being 6-7 and being allowed a stubby beer with my old man. Soon as I hit high school (12) then it was drinking with mates on weekends, out on the lash at 17.

Back