How on Earth can UFC spin this as even a moral victory for Pena

Maybe because she already beat Nunes. They’re 1-1, a rubber match has to happen. It was a dog fight for Nunes not a dominant performance the Nunes cucks are making it out to be.

The judges literally scored it 50-44 bros. I don’t even care for WMMA but come on.

The fight wasn’t particularly close in any way. And after reading an article on mma junkie before this fight the writer made a good point. Said that they were at ATT before the first fight and nunes wasn’t training hard or really taking that fight too seriously. Said they had talked to people in her camp for this one and she was razor focused. I think it was pretty easy to see how this one was going to go. The skill level in striking is levels different. What pena has going for her is her toughness and grit and offensive grappling chops. But with a focused nunes there was no way Peña was going to win tonight unless she got something extremely lucky off. I know they are now 1-1 against each other but I don’t see how anyone could want to see a rematch after the complete domination tonight. It just showed how much more skilled all around nunes is.

she got out striked and out grappled for 5 rounds. Tough loss.

Pena's stock dropped huge after this fight -- like right back down to before they fought.

Nunes neutralized her and exposed Pena's game. Pena got cut up in the face and head lumps to make her look like a Klingon. It looked like Pena went down the wrong dark alley and paid for it.

Pena basically had nothing; and didn't even make this a competitive match, in order to sell us on a 3rd fight. Unless you are a Just Bleed fan

The only word is "exposed"

Nunes' stance switching was a great adjustment that really slowed Pena's pressure. That allowed Nunes to stay on the outside and pace herself for the first half of the fight. Pena was finally starting to get to Nunes a bit in terms of pressure and landing some shots. I think that referring to it as panic wrestling is a bit too extreme, but I do believe that Nunes' decision to keep taking Pena down in the 2nd half of the fight was to solve the problem of Pena's pressure.

That's fair. They can both be true. Pena's only success stems from pressure and for some reason Nunes can't see her punches effectively or get out of the way. After hurting her three times in the stand up in the prior round, why not just remove the best part of her game. She did.

She made Nunes fight safe. Nunes looked more worried that Pena did despite Pena getting dropped 3x. I think Nunes would have been done if she got dropped even once. Nunes showed her power and ability to take the fight where she needs it (which she also showed against GDR. Pena showed her toughness and was trying to finish the entire time which deserves some respect.

UFC spins surprise you?? Have you seen the bullshit the world has been through in the past two years??

1. She turned the GOAT female striker in to a panic wrestler.

2. Showed more heart and guts than most men.

3. Still managed to damage Nunes heavily despite losing every round.

4. Did all that with dog shit striking technique.
Lmao it's over,lad

yeah she has a giga chin, but lets face facts UFC was really trying to get behind Pena and she laid a pretty huge egg tonight. Got dominated in every aspect, attempted some slick subs only to almost fall victim to one herself at the end.

And those flailing punches....yikes. Makes Rousey look like Willie Pep
Willie Pep.....Great reference!

Pena's stock dropped huge after this fight -- like right back down to before they fought.

Nunes neutralized her and exposed Pena's game. Pena got cut up in the face and head lumps to make her look like a Klingon. It looked like Pena went down the wrong dark alley and paid for it.

Pena basically had nothing; and didn't even make this a competitive match, in order to sell us on a 3rd fight. Unless you are a Just Bleed fan

The only word is "exposed"
<5>

Double hematoma power

yeah she has a giga chin, but lets face facts UFC was really trying to get behind Pena and she laid a pretty huge egg tonight. Got dominated in every aspect, attempted some slick subs only to almost fall victim to one herself at the end.

And those flailing punches....yikes. Makes Rousey look like Willie Pep
Imagine watching wmma in the year of our lord 2022

Does Pena have bad TD defense? Or she trusted her Jitz and let Amanda take her down

1. She turned the GOAT female striker in to a panic wrestler.

2. Showed more heart and guts than most men.

3. Still managed to damage Nunes heavily despite losing every round.

4. Did all that with dog shit striking technique.
Her hardest strike was the head to head clash

She turned the GOAT dominant WMMA fighter into a safe-ish point fighter. And it worked dominantly because Peña kinda sucks

Nunes made a point to counter all the criticism she got about the first fight and it was just a bad day for her. She proved she has not lost motivation clearly enjoying the fight. She proved she has no problem with cardio. She proved she is better than Pena striking and grappling and Pena's striking looked very weak badly pushing her punches. I don't see any reason to do this fight again.

That's fair. They can both be true. Pena's only success stems from pressure and for some reason Nunes can't see her punches effectively or get out of the way. After hurting her three times in the stand up in the prior round, why not just remove the best part of her game. She did.
You’re being far too generous. First of all i feel like I am losing my mind cuz I’m positive she wobbled Pena and even put her on a knee once or even twice in the first. Then she put her flat on her back several times in the second. And any shots Nunes was taking was generally her just walking into them. Peña wasn’t finding a thing. She didn’t start solving some problem and turned around her striking. Not sure what prompted Nunes to take the fight to the ground. She was on crutches after so maybe she injured her leg. But in no way was that panic wrestling and in no way was it a result of Peña figuring something out.

Maybe because she already beat Nunes. They’re 1-1, a rubber match has to happen. It was a dog fight for Nunes not a dominant performance the Nunes cucks are making it out to be.
Yeah I agree with this. Thought amanda won every round, but it was not a pure beat down. Amanda's face looked fairly beat up and was close to losing her arm a couple times. She landed a couple elbows from on top, but not a lot of vicious ground and pound.

Poor fight IQ by Peña

She ain’t subbing Nunez that ain’t hurt. Fell for the trap and lost a winnable fight. If she can’t avoid the takedowns, she can’t win.

Does Pena have bad TD defense? Or she trusted her Jitz and let Amanda take her down

Her TD defence is pretty awful since she's often quite reckless and unaware of her positioning. She leaves herself off-balance or out of position a lot which makes it easy for opponents to get an easy takedown on her if they know what they're doing.

Back