How Popular is UFC in Middle East?

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know that Wrestling is very respected over there since ancient times and Khabib is becoming more well known as a fighter.

But how popular is UFC/MMA over there? Is it watched by alot of people? Or is more niche like how mma was here in the early 2000’s? Is there an amateur system/other feeder leagues?

They have an org called desert force (I think that’s the name) truth be told I think it’s a little too new for them to have any top fighters fighting out of the Middle East, but you can tell that the fighters are hungry to learn

With Khabib and other names from the caucasus making waves together with BJJ in Abu Dhabi there is no doubt MMA is growing by leaps and bounds. You already have some hot talent coming from many parts of the arab world. Lazzez for example might legit put the arabs on the map in MMA.

I know that Wrestling is very respected over there since ancient times and Khabib is becoming more well known as a fighter.

But how popular is UFC/MMA over there? Is it watched by alot of people? Or is more niche like how mma was here in the early 2000’s? Is there an amateur system/other feeder leagues?

Not sure about Middle East but my uncle in Afghanistan was a fan. He had a satellite that got him BT sport so all the events were free. They called the sport 'Fight' lol.

I mean it's on TV here in Canada but it's still very niche, it's not something that many sports fans know anything about

Yes, Rory McDonald leaving was a big blow for us Canadians.

At least GSP vs Khabib is in the cards.

before Khabib knows what MMA is now few know who Khabib is there isa rumor that Roy Nelson undefeted with 57 wins it is an inspirational because he is fat & that what made it spread

*i'm talking about Saudi Arabia

Last edited:
Desert Gods 2: Sand Never Sleeps was one of my favorite cards of all time. I think it was put on by Mubarak and Gaddafi

Back