How Strickland’s win messes up MW title picture

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
People keep talking about how mad Dana was last night.
Capture.jpg

Dana in the past has talked about how it’s stupid for him to hope fighter X beats fighter Y but it’s clear there have been times when upsets have actually upset the UFC president. This is the most recent one, the DDP/Izzy feud was Dana’s potential entry into Africa as a demographic/market mostly untapped currently by UFC. Dana didn’t so much acknowledge Strickland’s win last night as he emphatically stated the rematch was a necessary step forward. Imo this is the first time I’ve really seen Vince McMahon in Dana, and I smell a Montreal screw job coming.

anyone else agree/disagree or remember when a fighter won and Dana was mad?

Dana pat Sean on the back after he put the belt around his waist. That subtle gesture doesn’t imply he was angry or upset that Sean won.

People keep talking about how mad Dana was last night.
Capture.jpg

Dana in the past has talked about how it’s stupid for him to hope fighter X beats fighter Y but it’s clear there have been times when upsets have actually upset the UFC president. This is the most recent one, the DDP/Izzy feud was Dana’s potential entry into Africa as a demographic/market mostly untapped currently by UFC. Dana didn’t so much acknowledge Strickland’s win last night as he emphatically stated the rematch was a necessary step forward. Imo this is the first time I’ve really seen Vince McMahon in Dana, and I smell a Montreal screw job coming.

anyone else agree/disagree or remember when a fighter won and Dana was mad?
Dana is mad that Izzy lost. They need champs in strategic countries. This is what happens when Dana says he doesn't care about the outcome of the fight last night..........
pinocchio-nose.gif

When Dana is truly pissed, he can't even contain himself at the post fight press conference.

Dana was also pissed for most of Stipe's wins lol

Woodley too

What does it matter plenty of good fights to make now Adesanya is done. Adesanya should retire. Sean just smashed his head in nearly got the first round finish other referees might have stopped that. Adesnya 2 out of last 3 fights hes lost. His fans are disappearing his aura of being some great striker are gone. DDP will absolutely murder him and will have no fear only motivation to destroy him. He got lucky against Alex, 4th time lucky. Lets move on and Adesanya join the queue you dont deserve the rematch all he did was leg kick which Sean defended and ran around and punched air. Let the new era begin now. Adesnaya been in too many wars its clearly showing the nipples are drooping time to hang them up.

One of the most memorable for me was when Werdum beat Cain. Dana was so salty, Cain wasn't even a huge draw, Dana is weird.

I've seen Dana pissed off at some post fight pressers but at this one he looked fine to me. Immediately said it was biggest Aus gate ever. Said it was the greatest upset in UFC history. Didn't really look mad. Sean has potential to make money for the UFC using his mouth and he's a company man so no major damage.

Last edited:
Problem with Izzy is how much time does he have left? He's really good but he's never looked like a GOAT contender. He's always been beatable. If he gets the belt back from Strickland, Dricus might take it away from him. I want Strickland vs Cannonier rematch and Izzy vs Dricus as co-main. Dricus deserves the title shot but Izzy has nobody else to fight.

Khamzat if he wins would make sense, or Jan if he drops to 85.
Eehhh, forgot about Khamzat. Khamzat throw Khamzat and Dricus against Strickland and Izzy. Doesn't matter who gets paired with who. Dang, now I really how Khamzat wins against Costa, makes the division way more interesting.

DDP vs Izzy for the MW title in January when Sean is stripped for refusing to defend in November.

Dana keeps saying he doesn't have preferences and it's not about what he wants, but he's clearly upset when his choice doesn't win <Lmaoo>

One of the most memorable for me was when Werdum beat Cain. Dana was so salty, Cain wasn't even a huge draw, Dana is weird.
They were trying to break into Mexico at the time I believe, Yair was just starting I think

Back