How surprised were you with Jon Jones performace against Gane?

Very surprised. I had thought we'd know pretty quickly in the first round which way the fight was gonna go. I.e. If Gane started getting good strikes and Jones looked out of his element, or Jones took him down in top position for a while. I NEVER thought Jon was gonna get him out of there that quickly. It was a complete mismatch like he said.
<30>

Not surprised, Gane is a good kickboxer, a good MMA fighter he is not. He's unskilled in what Jones is the most skilled at. I had no doubt Jones was going beat him.

I wasn't surprised. Jon looked slow on the feet, but Gane didn't have the skills to resist Jon's grappling. Both were very real possibilities.

Went exactly how I expected. Technique triumphing over size.

Called it:
lol, they look almost the same size. We've seen much smaller fighters beat much, much bigger fighters. This is nothing.

Maybe watch this as a reminder to yourself that technique matters a great deal:

Gane got wrestlefucked in his last fight by a striker who himself got wrestlefucked by a wrestler. Jon Jones is a true wrestler.

Very surprised. I had thought we'd know pretty quickly in the first round which way the fight was gonna go. I.e. If Gane started getting good strikes and Jones looked out of his element, or Jones took him down in top position for a while. I NEVER thought Jon was gonna get him out of there that quickly. It was a complete mismatch like he said.
<30>
exactly bro.

I think he tested Gane skill's on the wrestling and defense from takedowns area. He made a fast submission because Gane wasn't able to defend properly. I don't think he thought he'll submit Gane so easily, he was testing Gane skills, but Gane didn't defend well and was a short fight and a quick loss.
Should have Gane defend from that attempts, may be the fight will have get interesting...
The worst thing it could have happen for Jones, is that the fight will have got longer on the feet and probably an exchange. There is a reason why he tried the takedowns an submissions, because he probably thought he wasn't a match on the feet.

Very impressive win, but may be is a bit deceitful, because he wasn't tested properly.
But anyway very good HW debut, and without damage he can fight in the next months if he wants (I think he should). Im sure he recieved a very good money check, so why don't fight sooner than later.
Welcome back to the UFC. I think the UFC needed Jones, more than Jones needed the UFC (but thats my opinion, I haven't been too much connected to UFC events lately).

The atmosphere on that arena was spectacular, remembers the old times with Mc Gregor, Aldo, and other great events.

I was surprised, I'm not gonna lie. I wasn't sure if Jones was going to wrestle and I thought he'll fight from the outside and avoid engaging. What happened is the exact opposite. Gane was probably too relaxed too.

It seems like Jones has new hunger at HW. In his last 2 performances at LHW he looked somewhat disinterested.

I thought it would take a few rounds atleast, but did see this kind of outcome. Jones looked very rusty striking though.

I was shocked. Not that he won but that he won so easily. Gane disappointed bigtime. As a fan of the guy I have to admit he's been completely exposed

Look dude, It's not rigged. It would be extremely hard to rig fights that are live on PPV being streamed to millions of people. It's just common sense it's not rigged. People can make these theories all they want but it was just Jones night.

Why would it be hard?

Gane needs to stop training in France and get a real camp. ATT would welcome him with open arms. He’s not the brightest though and will probably stay in France and consider croissants awesome partners. F that pos. If he’s not going to take this seriously he should go hang out with big Frank in Bolivia. They’re both jerks

They were obviously throwing real punches. What if Gane accidentally knocked out Jones and the fight wasn't rigged properly?

Did you watch the fight? Gane whiffed every punch and left his back exposed to Jones for an easy takedown.

This is after a massive whiff from Gane, who was previously the crispest striker at heavyweight. Gane is fighting like CM Punk.

1.jpg

I'll say something most probably won't agree with; but some fights are more dynamic/circumstantial than others.

I think Jones was, not lucky, but fortunate to capitalise on the first mistake Gane made, and get it to the ground. I think for Jones, the positive even further is, Stipe and any other challengers didn't really get to see him fight tonight. He was on his feet for less than a minute. We didn't even see HW Jon Jones. We saw him take what was given to him on a plate.
Excellent take. The mystique is still there for heavyweight Jon Jones.

I'm surprised Gane was so much scared of wrestling, gave so easily the control of the octagon like a bitch and would act like a deer in the headlights. Awaiting Jones drug tests though. upload_2023-3-5_5-51-24.png

Back