How surprised were you with Jon Jones performace against Gane?

I was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was, but not that he won. Great performance.

Bit surprised at all as he had won all his previous fights. Couldn’t really understand how people thought he’s loose.

As expected. Looked terrible on the feet and immediately resorted to getting him to the ground. Smart gameplan for Jones, there was no way he was winning any form of a kickboxing match.

Hopefully Mumbles Miocic can give him more of a challenge!

I've been saying for months that anyone who bets against Jon would be wrong to do so. Until someone beats him, why would anyone ever think someone else would be the favorite against him?

Never been this shocked as far as MMA goes. Thought it would be a 5 round point fighting contest

Reactions: kuf
Surprised that it ended that fast, but not surprised Jones was able to win with his grappling after seeing what Ngannou was able to do as a fighter that normally doesn't grapple.

I also thought Jones looked pretty damn strong. A little softer around the belly sure, but looked like he's going to be a more powerful puncher with the weight gain.

I didn't expect him to just run through him like that, that was ridiculous.

On the positive side, Gane can now focus on his fifa team.

I was surprised in how fast it was, also the submission didn't look obvious to me until replay. So it took me off guard.

To bad Ngannou left the UFC. Now he will embarrass himself in a boxing match, lose convincingly, and ruin the hype for the greatest HW fight in UFC history. Oh well, he's have lost anyhow. As long as Jon is motivated and excited to fight, he is nearly unbeatable! GOAT

Honestly I thought the fight would be a lot closer since Jones hasn't fought in a few years. I'm still shocked that Jones won in like 2 minutes. Freaking Crazy.

The choke itself, it happens.
What shocked me is how Jones pressured Gane immediately, pretty much walked him down.

Also very suprized by Gane's egregious footwork mistakes leading to the TD. It looks like his footwork is the ultimate weapon against KO artists but he doesn't know how to use it against a wrestler.

I expected him to dominate, due to the skill level difference, Gane's lack of ground game etc. But i never expected him to win within a few minutes

That it happened so fast? A little. That it happened like that? Not at all, really. Gane has basically zero ground game. Jon Jones has always had way too high of a fighting IQ for us to think that he wouldn't exploit that deficiency.

I expected Jones to win by grappling when the fight was announced, so it wasn't exactly a surprise, but on the lead up to the fight I let myself get hyped and was hoping for something else, only to be disappointed and fall back to my initial (and more reasonable) expectations.

We overrated Gane so much ngl. My god, that was embarrassing

A fresh Jon somehow getting Gane down and securing an early submission or tko doesnt surprise me, what surprised me was how easily he was able to cut him off and take him down. Jon has been struggling to take guys down for a while now, I imagined that he would take him down eventually but that he was gonna have to chase Gane for a while. This looked too easy

Back