How tf Poirier is getting a TS?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He is 1-1 in his last 2
2-2 in his last 4

He is getting a TS of beating one guy that wan't even top 10 ranked !!!!!!!

That's crazy!

Poirier already got choked out by Oliveira, knocked out by Gaethje and he is going to lose to Islam too!

Arman should be the one fighting for the title next!

He is 1-1 in his last 2
2-2 in his last 4

He is getting a TS of beating one guy that wan't even top 10 ranked !!!!!!!

That's crazy!

Poirier already got choked out by Oliveira, knocked out by Gaethje and he is going to lose to Islam too!

Arman should be the one fighting for the title next!
Agreed -- the UFC probably just wants to get all they can out of Dustin before he retires. This is likely his last shot at gold. I think it's bollocks, personally, but whatever. Arman should sit out and wait to fight the winner.

Agreed. Although Dustin vs Islam could be competetive it should clearly be Arman.

I think it’s almost entirely because of timing and poor planning. They booked the most deserving contenders for 300. So the question is what’s worse? Having Islam sit out nearly a year to wait for the appropriate challenger or have him fight Dustin in the meantime?

Dustin has a name and can draw. I think we all know that this is the reason he's getting the shot. But, as long as Tsyrukian gets the winner, I'm not mad about it. UFC has never been a pure meritocracy. What does suck is when there is an obvious #1 contender who gets overlooked for a long periods of time, but that doesn't really happen too often. Just to Belal Muhammed.

A few things:

Islam wanting a cherry picked matchup

Ali being a slimeball and facilitating this at the expense of another one of his client's aspirations

The UFC going with the matchup that makes the most money instead of merit.

Dustin has a name and can draw. I think we all know that this is the reason he's getting the shot. But, as long as Tsyrukian gets the winner, I'm not mad about it. UFC has never been a pure meritocracy. What does suck is when there is an obvious #1 contender who gets overlooked for a long periods of time, but that doesn't really happen too often. Just to Belal Muhammed.
No one is really going to care if Belal gets passed over. The fans don't lose anything if that fight with Leon never gets made.

A few things:

Islam wanting a cherry picked matchup

Ali being a slimeball and facilitating this at the expense of another one of his client's aspirations

The UFC going with the matchup that makes the most money instead of merit.
all of this, Par for the course.

No one is really going to care if Belal gets passed over. The fans don't lose anything if that fight with Leon never gets made.
Why do people say dumb shit like this? Nobody finds Belal entertaining but we all want him to get his shot. Just on a personal level seeing someone put in all that hard work and not get their just reward is always a disappointing thing to see.

Why do people say dumb shit like this? Nobody finds Belal entertaining but we all want him to get his shot. Just on a personal level seeing someone put in all that hard work and not get their just reward is always a disappointing thing to see.
Correction, you want him to get a shot. There's plenty of comments you'll find online about not giving a crap if Belal gets a shot. I for one could care less either way.

It's only timing. Islam wants 2 fights in a year. Gaethje was tied up with Max, Arman didn't have a win that guaranteed title shot until yesterday. If Arman wanted to turn around and fight in a couple months maybe. I think Islam slaughters everyone besides Gamrot or Arman at LW anyways.

Correction, you want him to get a shot. There's plenty of comments you'll find online about not giving a crap if Belal gets a shot. I for one could care less either way.
Ya don't care to find out who's the best in the world? You don't sound like an MMA fan to me.

Back