How the f*** does Colby get 3 title shots in 5 fights in 4 years?? This is ducking crazy

Colby sells tickets, puts butts in seats and kills PPV. Leon not so much..Belal "Peter Sellers"? no to him too.

Colby is getting the Urijah Faber treatment. I’m not mad about it

Does Dana have a hard on for American wrestlers? Bo nickel following the same game plan it seems
Bo is fighting low ranked fighters. Colby fought whoever they put in front of him. I know these guys aren’t ranked anymore, but Colby has a great resume.

Usman x2
Masvidal
Lawler
Woodley
Dos Anjos
Maia

Dana still see's him as Sonnen mk2, I think he overestimates his appeal based on Sherdog personally, Colby's persona goes down well with the right winger incels here but less so the average MMA fan.

Last edited:
Bo is fighting low ranked fighters. Colby fought whoever they put in front of him. I know these guys aren’t ranked anymore, but Colby has a great resume.

Usman x2
Masvidal
Lawler
Woodley
Dos Anjos
Maia
Colby fought whoever they put in front of him? That was maybe true five years ago, but at this point the guy barely fights once a year. The UFC is contractually required to offer every fighter three fights per year which means he’s obviously turning down fights. At this point it’s clear he’s only interested in beating up on old guys unless it’s a TS.

I think there still is a market for him as long as he puts on a good next fight and keeps marketing himself, which he's good at. The truth is he does appeal to a large marketable demographic and he's gone toe to toe with Usman, Masvidal, Lawler but those performance are becoming more distant as time marches on.

He's been away so long now and is getting old so any further delay, such as an unforeseen injury and pull out of the title fight could kill any buzz he has left.

I think his next performance will dictate what comes next for him more so than any soundbite that comes out of his mouth. He needs to impress with his hands not his mouth or nobody is going to take him seriously anymore.

Colby talks a lot, but isn't actually good at talking. He only gets noticed for saying things that are idiotic. Whereas Chael was good at talking and often hilarious.

I don’t know, man.
Has Trump ever taken the time to attend one of Colby’s fights?

Always has the impression that he was a bigger fan of Jorge who actually campaigned for the former President.

Maybe Colby believe that it adds to his mystique or something.
You forgetting that weird ass phone call at the presser? They were talking back and forth like they were in love.

Colby is handsome and he plays the heel well. The buildup is always ugly with him and people watch. He also fights well in the cage. He comes up short but I don't think he ever had a really bad performance. He is always somewhat game. The old mainstays at 170 aren't really charismatic. I am not saying Colby is some giant PPV seller but he is just more of a warm body for the champion vs the other competitors.
I gotta disagree. There's more to being a good heel than just being unlikable. Colby's not good enough to make you love to hate him like Chael.

The prevailing theory is that he has some dirt on Dana White.

His first title shot was genuinely earned, 2 and 3 have been jokes.

Still has some way to top Urijah Faber though. 4 title shots off of a 1 fight streak across both the WEC and UFC. 7 title shots total.
Colby's first was actually not at all "Earned". He is now on his 4th title shot. He fought for the Interim title vs RDA after having only one fight against a top 10 ranked fighter. Literally only 1 top 10 opponent and then a title fight. He then is stripped for turning down a unification fight vs Woodley and acting like he was able to call the shots. DW was vocal about Colby being difficult to deal with and that usually gets a fighter buried.

His first fight vs Usman was fine with 3 wins over top 10 fighters in Maia, RDA & Robbie but he lost decisively. His rematch and now his upcoming 4th title shot vs Leon are ludicrous.

You forgetting that weird ass phone call at the presser? They were talking back and forth like they were in love.

That’s why I specifically worded it the way that I did.
I might be projecting; but in my mind, there’s a big difference between making a phone call and showing up for a fight.

Trump’s supposed to be showing up at UFC 296, though; so I could be wrong.

I thought Jorge was his guy; but apparently Trump isn’t aware that Masvidal’s from FL.
Who knows.

Back