How the hell did she win round 2??

After getting outgrappled and nearly finished that is

I'll never understand MMA judges. Absolutely she won rounds 1 and 3. Round 2, though, was 4 minutes of a grappling clinic. Coming on strong in the last 20 seconds shouldn't win you the round unless you knock them down.
I think they're also taking into account the strikes Maverick threw off her back. Gillian didn't get close to a finish and she didn't do any damage in that round.

Scrambling for position shouldn't be scored, and even securing position and doing nothing with it shouldn't be scored either. The only damage done in that entire round was by Maverick, so i'm not mad at all.

Having "dominant" position shouldn't be scored if you can't do shit with it. No one cares if you're on top if you can't actually take advantage of that position.

I still don't understand what that was or what the hell it was supposed to be.

Why shouldn't grappling be scored? It's a major part of MMA and takes a tremendous amount of skill and energy. Even if she did not finish the fight, they are still doing more than Maverick for that round.

True MMA fans do. Things like this round in question matter when the fights are closer. If they had each won a round and it was up to round 2 to decide the winner, this would have been a huge deal.
Whatever you say

Mav started strong, and finished strong. That's how most people register brief time periods like a fight round. Then throw in some of the grappling was competitive and she threw some strikes from the back.

I think they're also taking into account the strikes Maverick threw off her back. Gillian didn't get close to a finish and she didn't do any damage in that round.

Scrambling for position shouldn't be scored, and even securing position and doing nothing with it shouldn't be scored either. The only damage done in that entire round was by Maverick, so i'm not mad at all.

Having "dominant" position shouldn't be scored if you can't do shit with it. No one cares if you're on top if you can't actually take advantage of that position.

You two should look over the rules on scoring

You two should look over the rules on scoring
I think you should probably look over the rules yourself. You can win a fight off your back if you're landing more strikes than your opponent. Robertson barely threw a punch in the 2nd round. You don't win the round if your opponent is beating you up while you're on top of them. The round was close imo, Gillian should have mixed in some strikes with her grappling.

Back