How to Backstep Guard Pass

goatfury

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/How-to-Do-a-Backstep-Guard-Pass-BJJ

Imagine that you're cutting your knee across, three quarters of the way through a very nice knee cut guard pass. Something's not quite right, though. Your partner has baited you, and they now have the underhook! This scenario happens a great deal in BJJ training, and, of course, the BJJ gods have offered up a fantastic solution: the backstep. This technique is not only useful in preventing a back take, but also in helping to secure the guard pass. You might also be familiar with some of the leglock set ups that arise from the same movement.

l@nd0
It’s been booked the Fett family is going to be outside of Richmond summer of 2020. I’m bringing my gi. Need help with my x guard

It’s been booked the Fett family is going to be outside of Richmond summer of 2020. I’m bringing my gi. Need help with my x guard
That's awesome! Are you moving to the area, or just visiting? Either way, you're definitely welcome to stop by.

That's awesome! Are you moving to the area, or just visiting? Either way, you're definitely welcome to stop by.
Stopping by. But we’ve had so many interactions here and on the stamp forum that there is no way I’m not coming in

Back