how to deal with Alex pereira's untelgraphed leg kicks?

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
and dont say spamming TDAs because hes getting better at stuffing em, i would even go as far as to say hes better than most 205ers.
his leg kick defence is also impressive, kinda similar to Jose Aldo's. the way he bring his lead foot up to his rear knee so when the kick misses/skims his leg
it doesn't put him out of stance.

ufc-alex-pereira.gif

its true that Izzy's calf kick defense isn't great, but it's not terrible. A lot of it has to do with how Alex throws them. It's interesting that he doesn't pivot with the other leg.
Non-traditional but just straight superb technique and effectiveness. even Jiri with his unorthodox and chaotic approach was not enough.
how would you deal with it?

Jones knee stomps. They're a longer weapon that you really don't want to absorb on 1 leg. Or you'd have to get the timing, but pushing your foot forward into his kick path is quicker and makes him kick the bottom of your foot. It's like a crappy TMA move that never worked because leg kicks were always into the thigh, but they'd probably work on calf kicks if you practiced them.

Every time he throw kick, you throw kick back.

nkapplaud.png.png
Maybe you get lucky and he give up, idk?

#Puzzletan

He's probably going to hit you with a few no matter what you do, but crowding him don't work either because he can just fuckin blast you out of you proverbial boots.

I think the best way is to stay way out of range and blitz in and out like Wonderboy.
Now of course not many people can pull that off but I think that's the best way to combat those kicks.

That's another way lol
Yeah, lol. Thais eat leg kicks like nothing, almost seems as if it's a waste of energy for them to even throw leg kicks because of the minimal damage. meanwhile MMA fighters eat a couple and they are limping x_x haha

Plenty of kickboxers/thai fighters throw low leg kicks/ calf kicks with 0 load. Takerus lead leg game is entirely built off that alongside current highly ranked thais like Superbon and Tawanchai.

The issue is that MMA fighters do not adopt a check ready stance. Jiri sits very very low for example and his foot while bouncing is turned in which just gives Alex the free pass to smash it to pieces.

He's probably going to hit you with a few no matter what you do, but crowding him don't work either because he can just fuckin blast you out of you proverbial boots.

I think the best way is to stay way out of range and blitz in and out like Wonderboy.
Now of course not many people can pull that off but I think that's the best way to combat those kicks.
Main problem with this is his speed and size. Trying to stand with the guy is just not working. Maybe someone will find a weakness soon, possibly a guy like Ankalaev if he doesn’t brainfart like in the Jan fight.

Yeah, lol. Thais eat leg kicks like nothing, almost seems as if it's a waste of energy for them to even throw leg kicks because of the minimal damage. meanwhile MMA fighters eat a couple and they are limping x_x haha

I always loved how Thais kick each other, even in play.
I think it would benefit a lot of these guys to go get kicked endlessly by some Thais.

Obviously Thais have shin conditioning down to a science.

I always loved how Thais kick each other, even in play.
I think it would benefit a lot of these guys to go get kicked endlessly by some Thais.

Obviously Thais have shin conditioning down to a science.
Nothing like rolling a wooden rolling pin on your shins :D

Main problem with this is his speed and size. Trying to stand with the guy is just not working. Maybe someone will find a weakness soon, possibly a guy like Ankalaev if he doesn’t brainfart like in the Jan fight.

Thats why I said not many could pull it off, but I think the blitz style puts a different pressure on Alex.

If one thing isn't working, we must try another.
No reason to just resign yourself to a loss sir lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back