Social How to handle demanding boss

Is you line manager asking from you to do more then is possible during the working hours?
Have you been infact indirectly asked by the tasks you have been given to provide efforts >100%?
How are you managing such situations at work?
Is this usually your trigger to look for another job or you accept the 'challenge'
and do your best?
Fill the room with uppercuts.

Do your best and if that isn't good enough for him/her then get a new job. I never understood these people that fight and fight to stay at an employer that clearly doesn't want them there.

No disrespect but don't be a pussy, grow some balls and just say no, bro. No one in the world can force me to do more. I just do whatever the fuck i want. Sometimes I feel tired and do literally nothing sometimes i feel good and do an average job but never above average. Its not my company, i dont care.
and with that mind set, have you attained the level of success you are going for?

Tell him precisely this:
SAW CON!!!

There are a couple of different ways to approach it, but ultimately bosses don't usually change. If they are demanding now, they will continue to be demanding.

What I've done traditionally is do my best to give the appearance I'm doing what they expect, while looking to go somewhere else. Bosses tend to be busy people and can often be fooled into thinking you are meeting expectations for a long while, especially if your coworkers are fucking up or openly questioning your unreasonable boss.

I just left a job with an unreasonable boss and got a $12 an hour pay increase. My old boss never realized I wasn't meeting expectations because I would nod and go along with him.

Is you line manager asking from you to do more then is possible during the working hours?
Have you been infact indirectly asked by the tasks you have been given to provide efforts >100%?
Is this usually your trigger to look for another job or you accept the 'challenge'
and do your best?
I read your post and wondered how you got a job in the first place.

Idk. Usually if a boss is demanding you get something done in time it's because other employees are doing it.

I'd suggest go to the hardest worker in your department/office and ask them to slow down.

I've actually worked in places like this, Union controlled.

I can understand their reasoning.

Like others have said, there are so many factors that go into one’s decision in an overwork scenario that it’s really hard to say what one would do.

I would just say that one has to get a feel for what you can get out of your career in terms of compensation, workflow, and work-life, and that’s a big part of one’s career development.

Think about your personal calculus: is your work fulfilling? Are you happy with your compensation? Are you growing fast enough? Are you moving toward an end goal that you’re okay with? Are you happy with how much personal time you have?

maybe you’re not happy with your work-life balance but you’re compensated well enough to offset this. But weigh those factors and see if you’re happy with your situation overall.

If you’re not, and if you can jump ship easily enough, then there’s nothing wrong with pushing back and/or looking for an exit strategy.

and do your best?

Dont be scared to walkway. If there treating you like shit or taking advantage then tell them to fuck off and burn the bridges.

Then apply to new spots. You will usually end up in a better spot anyways that treats you better. Just gotta have balls and take a gamble sometimes

Dont be scared to walkway. If there treating you like shit or taking advantage then tell them to fuck off and burn the bridges.

Then apply to new spots. You will usually end up in a better spot anyways that treats you better. Just gotta have balls and take a gamble sometimes

But then what do you tell your potential new employer during a job interview? That you told your previous job to fuck off for fucking you over?

I'm having a similar problem with one of my direct reports.

I don't know how long certain tasks take, I've never done her job. All I need and I do mean need is clear communication of when something will be done. If I can't get X till next week that's fine. What's not fine is not knowing when things will be done.
This leads me to put expectations dates on everything cause otherwise I will never know what I can tell clients. I'm sure she sees me as demanding, while other staff who communicate clearly wouldn't think that.

A person who does 50% of a job with clear communication is better for me than one who does 90% with shit communication.

I like being given what they think is more work than I can do then completing what they consider an impossible task.
It gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Wouldn't know really, since it was always the other way around - managers and bosses had to handle my scolding them for their ineffectiveness.

Simple: Tell them that "x" task is going to take at a general estimate: "x" long.

If you don't like it, my contract says you can give me one weeks notice and if you think you can find someone to do it faster or better, knock yourself out.

Never failed me so far. If they don't like it, fuck em, just leave.

Idk. Usually if a boss is demanding you get something done in time it's because other employees are doing it.

I'd suggest go to the hardest worker in your department/office and ask them to slow down.

Telling the new guy to chill out happens a lot working for the government.

Alot of people itt sound like they have no work ethic.
Work harder than everyone around you and make yourself valuable ffs. If they don't value that after some time, find a different job that does. You'll never get ahead doing the bare minimum.

Fuck that.

Get an eye patch and wear it to work. Boss will ask about eye patch. Tell him that you are training that eye too see in the dark so you are ready when it goes down.
He willl leave you alone after that. Only downfall you have to live the eye patch gimmick

Back