How to un wussify our kids?

Lack of fathers. Lack of discipline. Lack of physical activity and being outdoors, addiction to globalist smart phones and globalist social media, no male teachers in early grades, young boys made to sit still for hours, ADD medications, over prescribing of drugs in general, simplifying math and other difficult activities, everybody is a winner and gets a prize, lack of fathers, lack of time for parents to cook home cooked meals, lack of trust among everyone, lack of fathers, high fructose corn syrup in everything, mass consumption of fast food, giant cities with millions of people that are unhappy, lack of proper housing, lack of fathers.

I like how you mentioned lack of fathers multiple times.

Speaking as someone from the so called "black community", where lack of fathers is the biggest issue for about 60 years since the Civil rights/feminist movement, a society/community/nation that normalizes dysfunction is on its way to collapse.

Yeah, and I agree with it.

In my opinion, it all leads to parenting.

Society is full of children that are being let down by their parents, who are either neglecting their children in some way or are giving bad lessons to them because of their history with their own parents.

Maybe the parents of the parents have given bad lessons to the parents, that the parents see as acceptable to pass to their children, or maybe the parents of the parents hurt the parents and the parents are going overboard in trying to protect their children from what they went through.

Maybe society has split itself so much that we have lost our sense of community, and a sense of community is vital to children? Maybe, because of rising expense and a skewed work-life balance, parents aren't able to devote the time and effort to properly cater to their childrens psychological needs?

From what I see, kids are getting fatter and less coordinated because parents aren't bothering to play with them at a young age. I'd hazard a guess and say that they're either too busy and/or drained, and haven't made exercise in their children a priority, or they're just cunts.

And what is going to happen when a childs lack of co-ordination and fitness is going to be called into question? Are the parents going to look at themselves and say that they made mistakes, or are they going to deny it, blame institutions and look to protect their childs feelings and their own egos at the same time?

Apologies if I'm off the mark on that one as well, I'm not too experienced with this chromebook...

Edit: Another thing, is that most of the places that I've lived in (including where I am now) have sweet fuck all to do, for anyone, aside from pubs and a few clubs that charge a fuckton per session. Recreational activities and group bonding clubs, which aren't based on getting wasted and trying to fuck a floozy, needs to be made more of a priority in society.
Well said. Honk there’s been too much baby thrown out with the bath water.
Yes society used to be too oppressive and restrictive. But taking all social controls and modes out has not been good
Bret Weinstein an atheist has talked about how religion offers a lot and that wholly removing it has been negative for society.
Think people need to re connect with their around them and that perhaps local govts should help.
I’m thinking of going to church to connect with people and build a bond. Just too much is missing from modern life that I feel we need to take a step back. Chasing whores and getting drunk shouldn’t be a destination We as people need more

Lack of fathers. Lack of discipline. Lack of physical activity and being outdoors, addiction to globalist smart phones and globalist social media, no male teachers in early grades, young boys made to sit still for hours, ADD medications, over prescribing of drugs in general, simplifying math and other difficult activities, everybody is a winner and gets a prize, lack of fathers, lack of time for parents to cook home cooked meals, lack of trust among everyone, lack of fathers, high fructose corn syrup in everything, mass consumption of fast food, giant cities with millions of people that are unhappy, lack of proper housing, lack of fathers.
You mention this whole list of things, but don't even mention how it all stems from a lack of fathers.

"the youths" have been in decline since at least Plato.

most of this thread demonstrates more of a lack of self-awareness by the posters vs. the failings of children.

I heard variations of all the same stuff when I was growing up and it is easy to locate evidence that every generation of kids is viewed with distrust and apprehension by every previous generation

yet in most countries, the things that we can measure (murder rates, teenage pregnancy, sexual assaults) continue to improve

what is clear that is that we are getting fatter and it is having real long term issues on health. it is not a problem specific to children because, overall, every age cohort has been getting measurably fatter for the past 40 years. in other words, if your first inclination is to think "that is because kids today don't do X like we did when I was a kid" you are probably wrong because obesity rates were almost certainly starting to rise when you were a kid as well (although maybe some of you are really old)

ironically, the TS appears to be a foreigner in Japan and specifically criticizes the lack of fitness in Japanese children (vs. his own). the facts indicate that Japanese of all ages have some of the lowest obesity rates in the developed world. that is, Japanese kids, according to the TS, suck at climbing ropes and playing tag but they are much less likely to be obese now or in the future vs. people in most other developed countries

to be fair to the TS, he is referencing fitness and I don't recall him mentioning obesity specifically. I am pointing out the the "wussy" kids in Japan are likely some of the healthiest in the world.

as for why most of the world has been getting fatter for the past 40 years, lots of people have theories and that is a discussion for a different thread

I shipped my kids off to the coal mines once they were old enough to crawl

“Thank god I’m a country boy” - John Denver.

Back