How would a Mennonite get along with someone who smokes and drinks and swears?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean if that person was still a good person by most standards.

I used to think those people were called hermaphrodites when I was a kid

I was thinking of renting a room or two out I have this huge house and I have only even been in the upstairs maybe twice a year for a couple minutes. I also just bought a new truck. $700 a month. The thinking was why not let a renter pay for the truck. So I just randomly messaged a person that was looking for a two bedroom apt to make their home. Just to put some feelers out. I ended up getting this couple with 2 daughters quite seriously wanting to rent from me. They dont drink or smoke and the kids are home schooled. Plus they come right from a Mennonite area.

They actually sound like wonderful people, but damn, going from renting a room out to some kid to renting a room out to a home schooled family is a bit overwhelming. On the flip side, I imagine they would take care of my house quite well. And it would be cool to have a couple kids around again.

Oddly enough, I went to a private Mennonite High School. I'm not even Mennonite, but Mom thought it would be a good idea. I have tons of Menno friends from that experience. To answer your question: it depends. If they're strict Menno's, they frown on that shit, if they're more relaxed, they join in.

Even relaxed Menno's are funny, they'll go party on Friday and Saturday nights, then beg for forgiveness on Sunday. Saw it all the time in HS.

The answers can be found here:

Back