How would Deontay Wilder do at 205 lbs?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's 6'7" 227 lbs 83" reach. That's cuttable down to 205 in MMA.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F927316160%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

He would knock everyone dead with his bomb of a right hand.

Imagine a Wilder right hand with 4 oz gloves, damn.

Same as James Toney.

r7umf6_jpg.gif

giphy.gif

6' 7" boxer = perfect target for a double-leg.

With sufficent training, he would be a problem. Interesting that at 6'7" he only has a 83" reach. Bones has 84"
With that body, I agree with the notion that he would be suseptable to take down. But he is like Bones, just taller with zero wrestling experence, unlike Bones.
He did fight at 201 10 years ago
My advice, juice, get to mid 200s and fight at heavyweight and lean to stuff takedowns. In the end, there seems to be less money in the UFC than in boxing.

No TD defense? not well. Think about the top fighter at LHW right now. He's tossed around olympians.

With sufficent training, he would be a problem. Interesting that at 6'7" he only has a 83" reach. Bones has 84"
With that body, I agree with the notion that he would be suseptable to take down. But he is like Bones, just taller with zero wrestling experence, unlike Bones.
My advice, juice, get to mid 200s and fight at heavyweight and lean to stuff takedowns. In the end, there seems to be less money in the UFC than in boxing.
Jon Jones has the same reach as Stefan Struve. It’s insane.

I think the gap is closing on the money.

Wilder hasn't been on PPV and his biggest pay day so far is $2million. Of course he'll make a fortune if he fights Joshua but he's not vastly outearning the top MMA stars.

Back