How would HW Jones fair against these Pride Heavyweights

Prime juiced up Jones lost to and got sent to the hospital by Gustaffson and got armlocked by Belfort. He would have mixed results if he fought everyone on that list. Jon Jones fanboys are overly euphoric about him because he beat a French kickboxer with no ground game who would struggle beating 2 guys from that list.
Jon won that fight clearly. Don't be bitter.

Jones fans are completely delusional to think that Jones has a chance at beating Prime Fedor. That is not happening ever. Jones is a natural LHW who needs to eat a lot to make HW. Jones has had one HW match and it was against Gane, and Gane absolutely sucks at anything but stand-up striking and has zero TDD. Prime Fedor would have either starched Jones via brutal KO, or subbed him rather easily on the ground.

To think otherwise is nothing but pure cope.

He would fair very well.

Have we ever even seen Jones even wobbled yet??? Maybe, my memory isn't the best but I never remember him being taking into deep water from shots.

Prime Fedor or Cro Cop are the only two I see giving Jones any problems. CroCop simply because he could probably keep Jones wanting to outstrike him over going for take downs. Fedor side, I want to say Fedor may find a way to win but its hard find his path to victory. Jones would have a massive reach advantage and has been just as good Fedor in prime in switching up his game plan mid fight if need be.

Prime Fedor or Cro Cop are the only two I see giving Jones any problems. CroCop simply because he could probably keep Jones wanting to outstrike him over going for take downs. Fedor side, I want to say Fedor may find a way to win but its hard find his path to victory. Jones would have a massive reach advantage and has been just as good Fedor in prime in switching up his game plan mid fight if need be.
Fedor's path to victory would be pretty clear - sub from his back. Not exactly a safe path, but a pretty clear one, at least against pre-Belfort Jones. Of course Jones would work Fedor on the feet and from the clinch rather than try to take him down, so that probably means Fedor pulling guard, and probably means him having to do it before Jones wraps Fedor up in the clinch where he murders Fedor.

Jones by TKO - standing elbows in the clinch.

Assuming were talking about the fights taking in Pride under their rules and ring.

Fedor - Fedor by KO
Big Nog - Big Nog by Decision
Cro Cop - Jones wins by decision or submission
Werdum - Jones wins by decision
Overeem - Jones wins by TKO
Coleman - Jones wins by TKO
Barnett - Barnett wins by dec
Randleman - Jones wins by TKO
Alexander Emelianenko - Alex wins by KO
Sergey Kharitonov - Sergei wins by KO

Lol - did you giggle while typing out this rubbish?

Lol - did you giggle while typing out this rubbish?

I stand behind very single prediction. The current version of Jones vs the Pride HWs in the time of 2004 to 2007.

To answer your question, no I didn't. But I am giggling now seeing people getting upset about my selections.

I stand behind very single prediction. The current version of Jones vs the Pride HWs in the time of 2004 to 2007.

To answer your question, no I didn't. But I am giggling now seeing people getting upset about my selections.

I giggled while reading it. I would expect a more honest/realistic response from you. I am disappoint. Very sad.

Fedor's path to victory would be pretty clear - sub from his back. Not exactly a safe path, but a pretty clear one, at least against pre-Belfort Jones. Of course Jones would work Fedor on the feet and from the clinch rather than try to take him down, so that probably means Fedor pulling guard, and probably means him having to do it before Jones wraps Fedor up in the clinch where he murders Fedor.

Jones by TKO - standing elbows in the clinch.
Pride rules, no elbows.

Under pride rules
Jones would be disqualified for eye pokes, so no eye pokes.
No elbows allowed, standing or on the ground. So no standing elbows or hellbows GnP.
That's 50% of Jones repertoire, which makes the other 50% of his game less effective. So Jones would be clocking in at about 35% of his UFC self.
Knee kicks, take Downs, and submissions standing or on the ground, are what Jones would be left with.

Jones fans are completely delusional to think that Jones has a chance at beating Prime Fedor. That is not happening ever. Jones is a natural LHW who needs to eat a lot to make HW. Jones has had one HW match and it was against Gane, and Gane absolutely sucks at anything but stand-up striking and has zero TDD. Prime Fedor would have either starched Jones via brutal KO, or subbed him rather easily on the ground.

To think otherwise is nothing but pure cope.

Fedor lost against an almost 41 years old MW by KO in the first round, all of that when he was only 34 years old {<jordan}

How are you even dare to speak and compare Jon Jones with the king of journeymen Fedor ?

Also, we know that Jon Jones is still competitive under USADA, we never saw Fedor under USADA.

I giggled while reading it. I would expect a more honest/realistic response from you. I am disappoint. Very sad.

Oh come on....first and foremost, that is a completely honest and realistic response. There's 10 fights there and I favored Jon in 5 of them. I even favored him over Werdum and Cro Cop. I don't see this version of Jon beating Fedor, I think Barnett is a very hard fight for him and same with Big Nog. And Aleks and Sergei are both excellent boxers, big HWs with serious power. Type of guys who's given Jon problems.

The thing is that I am not sold on this version of Jon. He looked great in all of 2 mins vs Gane, but after 15 years of fighting and lay offs/inactivity, I don't think he's at his best anymore. And were talking about him vs the Pride guys at their peak.

Not to mention, a ring vs cage. Half the fighting surface with corners. Jon thrives on open space. A ring with no fence, Jon always does good work using the cage. No elbows. That all works against Jon as well.

Last edited:
Pride didn't allow elbows which is one of Jone's primary weapons. Soccer kicks and stomps are kosher. Jones better not miss a take down against Cro Cop.

Back