How Would MacDonald vs Woodley 2 Go And Will It Ever Happen?

blackhat

Breaking Chains
@purple
Reaction score
The first fight was a fun tactical matchup, Woodley could have a better result in the rematch with some tweaks to his gameplan.. but overall MacDonald seemed more versatile with his striking, had better output and cardio. He was taking full advantage of Woodley shelling up on the cage. If it was a 5 round fight he would have gotten the finish IMO.

I think Rory is one of the few guys not afraid of Woodleys power and is willing to engage.. that's one of the keys to why he had so much success.

Thanks UFC for robbing us of this potential rematch. Do you guys think it's still possible to happen?

EnchantingFortunateApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

OYj7WG.gif

It would go the same way. Tyron doesn't do well being pressured by a guy who can beat him to the punch and is good in all areas.

Fortunately for him, not too many folks can do that.

Same result.
Never.
No way Dana let's Rory come back and beat his champ.

It would go the same way. Tyron doesn't do well being pressured by a guy who can beat him to the punch and is good in all areas.

Fortunately for him, not too many folks can do that.

He looked scared shitless fighting Rory and hardly ever going forward. I was hoping for a good fight from him since he had good KO's before the Rory fight but he looked scared as hell.

Tyron can never beat Rory. And for that reason. Tyron can not beat GSP.

Same result.
Never.

He already has though. I have no doubt if Rory wanted to come back he would be able to come back the issue was money and would still be money. Rory still whoops Woodley though

Probably never going to happen. Rory in Bellator is such a waste..

He already has though. I have no doubt if Rory wanted to come back he would be able to come back the issue was money and would still be money. Rory still whoops Woodley though

I know he has. I'm saying he wouldnt let him come back from Bellator to take the belt from Woodley.
Money was definitely an issue.
Bad business move for UFC if you ask me. Rory is a badass.

It would go the exact same. Tyrone's fight iq is embarrassingly low and he would just get backed up to the fence and trapped there again and again. Tyrone's curse is well rounded fighters. He's not savvy enough to deal with a good striker and the threat of a td at the same time.

Tyron would destroy him in a rematch.

Rory will dominate again. So strange Rory did not destroy Lawler. I think he's so talented and yet the damage he's taken in those two fights make no sense. He was not the same, hence losing to wonderboy but there's no shame in that

LoL I can already picture Woodley doing everything in his power to avoid that fight, coming up with a gazillion bullshit excuses

I know he has. I'm saying he wouldnt let him come back from Bellator to take the belt from Woodley.
Money was definitely an issue.
Bad business move for UFC if you ask me. Rory is a badass.

But he wold though, if the price is right. We all know Rory can and would still beat Woodley and we also know Rory was one of the top 3 WW's when he was in the UFC and could have easily have been UFC champ if he hadn't left and fought Tyrone for the belt instead of Thmpson 2x's.

I dont see it as bad business, that means they have the top WWs. Everyone knows Rory would still be a top 3 WW in the UFC.

But he wold though, if the price is right. We all know Rory can and would still beat Woodley and we also know Rory was one of the top 3 WW's when he was in the UFC and could have easily have been UFC champ if he hadn't left and fought Tyrone for the belt instead of Thmpson 2x's.

I dont see it as bad business, that means they have the top WWs. Everyone knows Rory would still be a top 3 WW in the UFC.

Agreed. I'm just not sure about Dana's ego getting in the way.

Once people don't take the $ he offers and goes to Bellator they have a hard time coming back, especially if they will beat the current champ.

He doesn't fully trust them after they have left.
But Dana might dislike Woodley more than Rory are this point.

Woodley KO. I think TWood gave the fight away when they fought.

Agreed. I'm just not sure about Dana's ego getting in the way.

Once people don't take the $ he offers and goes to Bellator they have a hard time coming back, especially if they will beat the current champ.

He doesn't fully trust them after they have left.
But Dana might dislike Woodley more than Rory are this point.

Hey bro are you still a bird?

Same result.
Never.
I mean if your Champ is Tyron Woodley, I wouldn't blame him for trying to rush Rory in there to beat Woodley.

Beating woodley is doable by many you just cant be afraid of him. Sure you can get caught and lose by dramatic KO but he cant keep pace with a pressure fighter due to being muscle bound. I'd favor Rory, Usman, Colby and Till in WW.

Back