How would train someone with zero experience???

I don’t have any experience, windmill punches and screaming has not helped at all..so don’t do that.

How would train someone for a pro fight if they had no experience and no athletic background? And you only have 4 weeks?
In 4 weeks?

I would train them to make better life choices and hope that their opponent is an absolute can.

Glad the fights were canceled. I would focus on them getting better first. Then try doing a grappling tournament like Naga in like 3/4 months to see where they are at grappling wise. And when they feel ready try an amateur MMA bout first. I knew a number of guys who thought they were ready for the UFC without ever having fought and watched them get dismantled in their first amateur fight. One of those guys went on to go like 4-0 in the rest of his amateur fights before going pro, but he found out in that first fight he was not ready yet.

Will they be fighting someone who also only had 4 weeks of training from the ground up? If so, then would train footwork and jab...win by points.
or to please the Just Bleed Gods...teach'em uppercuts and haymakers to try to end it quickly

Talk them out of it.

If there is no choice I would focus completely on the ability to control distance, keep a balanced stance, tight active guard and be defensively responsible, stop takedowns, stand back up off the ground, get on top, and utilize the clinch effectively to stall by doing the bare minimum to prevent ref breaks for as long as possible.

I'd first explain the rules of the situation we're training in. If we we're doing wrestling I'd say this is what you do when you wrestle. A few basic choke submissions, some takedown defence and the most efficient stand up techniques but mostly cardio. I'd run that guy until he wished he were dead

MMA for dummies - read cover to cover

First I would use all of my skills and training to give them a vicious beating to see if they were tough enough to handle it and come back. If they did first thing I would do on day one is get them on the juice

They don’t need to train at all, just eat and lift weights until they’re bigger than their opponent and they should win easily.

Talk them out of it.

If there is no choice I would focus completely on the ability to control distance, keep a balanced stance, tight active guard and be defensively responsible, stop takedowns, stand back up off the ground, get on top, and utilize the clinch effectively to stall by doing the bare minimum to prevent ref breaks for as long as possible.
TThis.i know this is an old thread, but I cant believe some of the advice about advanced striking like switching stances and submissions. Throwing too much at them may end up being detrimental. Focus almost entirely on defense and positioning. Pummeling, working against the cage, keeping distance, shrimping and popping back up. Focus first on escaping and defending yourself intelligent ly from every position imaginable.

How would train someone for a pro fight if they had no experience and no athletic background? And you only have 4 weeks?
Train them to fall correctly and how to tap at the first sign of danger.

As long as they don't get hurt, they can make a few hundred dollars a week as an opponent.

Rambo First Blood
Kickboxer
Saving Private Ryan
Raid

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back