How would you guys match up the MW top 15?

RockyLockridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What we have here is what I'd consider to be a pretty rare scenario.

Only 4 out of 15 Ranked MW fighters are Matched up currently. What matchups do you make? You got Vettori vs Allen Winner to play with as well, Likely asking for a title eliminator (Vettori vs Dricus could be fun, now that I think about it)

This one is kinda like Reese peices, no wrong way to do it. Lots of these guys haven't fought each other.

3 of the top 5 coming off a loss.
2 of the top 5 have recently lost to the champ.

1709856675370.png

Dricus vs Cannonier
Isreal vs Khamzat
Whittaker vs Strickland
Costa vs Imavov
Hermanson vs Hernandez
Curtis vs Pyfer
Dolizede vs Borralho/Craig loser

Not a fan of contstant rematches personally, There will be rematches soon but we don't need any yet. Also no need to give izzy a title shot right now either, but a big fight against khamzat should suffice.

OP's first three fights are spot on.
Izzy doesn't deserve an immediate shot against DDP, even though they'll make the matchup to cash in on UFC Africa.

DDP vs Izzy
Strickland vs Cannonier
Chimaev vs Whittaker
Allen vs Vittori
Hermanson vs Costa
Hernandez vs Imavov

What we have here is what I'd consider to be a pretty rare scenario.

Only 4 out of 15 Ranked MW fighters are Matched up currently. What matchups do you make? You got Vettori vs Allen Winner to play with as well, Likely asking for a title eliminator (Vettori vs Dricus could be fun, now that I think about it)

This one is kinda like Reese peices, no wrong way to do it. Lots of these guys haven't fought each other.

3 of the top 5 coming off a loss.
2 of the top 5 have recently lost to the champ.

View attachment 1033280

Dricus vs Cannonier
Isreal vs Khamzat
Whittaker vs Strickland
Costa vs Imavov
Hermanson vs Hernandez
Curtis vs Pyfer
Dolizede vs Borralho/Craig loser

Not a fan of contstant rematches personally, There will be rematches soon but we don't need any yet. Also no need to give izzy a title shot right now either, but a big fight against khamzat should suffice.
No problem with what you wrote for the matchups, would be cool to have a few of these on the same card to showcase the division and bring interest in it.

DDP vs Borralho
Strickland vs Curtis
Whittaker vs Hernandez
Cannonier vs Craig
Vettori vs Chimaev
Allen vs Dolidze
Costa vs Hermansson.

The guy shouldn't get two immediate title shots after losing. It's OK for the first time losing the belt, not now when unable to defend it even once.

DDP vs Chimaev (both great records, coming from win streaks)
Whittaker vs Strickland (top guys that have avoided each other)
Cannonier vs Imavov (Jared was booked to fight Dolidze, Imavov takes that spot now by beating him)
Adesanya vs Costa (both coming off losses, and loads of drama to expect in the build-up)

That's what I would have done. No matter the results DDP vs Izzy will always be available later and stay a big fight.
We'll find out if Jared has one last go in him or if the age and injury problems caught up. Strickland could avenge the loss by beating the same guy DDP finished.

OP's first three fights are spot on.
Izzy doesn't deserve an immediate shot against DDP, even though they'll make the matchup to cash in on UFC Africa.
I think they'll make the fight but it won't be the next one

How would I match?
I would lose to all of them in rd1.

I didn't think this warranted it's own thread so I'll bump it here, so according to Costa he was offered Strickland for a fight on June 1st.
This would be on the UFC 302 card which is in Newark, NJ and about seven weeks away.

According to Costa, Sean turned this down and Sean later responded on social media:

"I never said no... I say 'how much' lol"

After this Sean asked people to guess how much he's getting offered:

And also mentioning that the the hurdle behind fighting again is his pay: "Just fighting the ufc about pay lol it will get sorted soon or it's gonna get weird man!!"(via X)

A few exchanges from him and fans on his pay:

He claims that he'd be getting way less than 500k, and comments that someone mentioning 200k(show)/200k(win) is "close" but still more then what he actually got offered.

Last edited:
Chimmy vs Curtis
I want to see either Curtis cry or Chim Chim get beat. Win win.

Back