How would you rank these fighters in order - Jose Aldo, Khabib, Izzy, DC, Mighty Mouse, Alexander Volkanovski?

It’s a conversation that usually brings out our worst haha. I appreciate TS for selecting a compelling group of names outside of the usual Fedor/Jones/GSP/Silva discussion.
Yeah the GSP Silva Fedor Jones debate has been discussed way too many times, and half the time its turns into a discussion about PEDs.
I tried to select some names of those who are just outside those top 4. Wonder who else could would fit in that list of names, maybe BJ Penn, Cejudo, Stipe?

Yeah the GSP Silva Fedor Jones debate has been discussed way too many times, and half the time its turns into a discussion about PEDs.
I tried to select some names of those who are just outside those top 4. Wonder who else could would fit in that list of names, maybe BJ Penn, Cejudo, Stipe?
Usman, Cruz, Nogueira, Hendo

Edit: your honorable mentions are good as well.

I think Big Nog is routinely slept on. If Fedor doesn’t exist he is a split decision loss away from being 28-0 and 7 years undefeated with some solid names to his resume. Of course, we could probably make a slight alteration to other records and make them much better too. Just think he was an awesome as a fighter.

Last edited:
If you dont have DC at the top of this list as far as accomplishments go. Youre prob just a hater. Khabib also last as far as same criteria goes. Sadly it took him to long to get to where he was going. People put to much sock over beating loudmouth mcrgegs for the belt. Love DP and AL, true grit fightes, but they dont pad your all time goat resume or title defences.
I mean you beat a real estate agentguy on his weekend off lol

Aldo
Mighty Mouse
DC
Khabib/Volk/Izzy
this, but Id say Khabib, then Volk, then Izzy.

Aldo slightly above MM, for his ferocity and longevity
MM also truly skilled and complete
DC, despite shorter and fatter (his fault) than everyone he fought, 2 div champ and tough as nails
Khabib/Volk/Izzy all 3 very good, but in a different way.
Khabib was maybe the most dominant of all the above during his run, perfect record, but he fought the elite for a very short time and retired and his peak. He can be mentioned for his skills/domination, but not resume/longevity. He could have been 'ranked' higher if he stayed longer but yeah, he didnt prove himself enough to earn a better spot
Volk is great ofc. Really like the guy. But yeah, hes below the above.
Izzy, well, I personally dislike his attitude. Hes very skilled tho, but yeah, below all the above.

MM
Aldo
Volk
Khabib
DC
Izzy

First 3 were toughest to decide.... Khabib, DC, then Izzy last was an easy choice

Mighty Mouse
Aldo
Izzy/Volk
DC
Khabib

*based on a mix of title defenses+top ten wins.

MM
Volk
Aldo
Khabib
Izzy
DC

I believe that DC last is the only certain place. All the others are kinda interchangable.

DC was never the best at LHW (Jones), and he was never the best at HW (1-2 vs Stipe).

All of the others were at some point inarguably the best in their div.

ALDO- Champ for a decade and was Dominant
If He beat Connor then retired hed be GOAT

DC- Double champ and was a legitimate threat in both of the toughest weight classes
Hes the GOAT if Jon jones doesnt exist

IZZY- 2nd best MW of ALL TIME
HES THE GOAT IF ANDERSON DOESNT EXIST

MIGHTY MOUSE- He could easily be number 1 but kinda bland plus opponents were small...
Hes the GOAT IF HE FOUGHT IN WELTERWEIGHT

VOLK- A beast but kinda bland i think max beat him twice.

KHABIB- Meh should of went up

Last edited:
Back