How would you rank these fighters in order - Jose Aldo, Khabib, Izzy, DC, Mighty Mouse, Alexander Volkanovski?

Mighty mouse
Aldo
Cormier
Volk
Adesanya
Khabib

The reason Khabib is at the bottom is he just didn't fight enough top guys, he fought a few top 10 opponents in his career, just nowhere near enough. He probably lost the Tibau fight to be fair, but officially he is undefeated so thats a big plus, but just not enough top opponents.

Mouse and Aldo are a toss up for me, both had amazing careers and are so skilled.

Accomplishment wise, I’d put Khabib toward the bottom but I think he was the best of that lot. I can’t justify putting him higher as is. I’m probably all over the place with my picks because i’m using a combo of “eye test” and what they actually accomplished. All great fighters.

Mighty Mouse
Volk
Aldo
DC
Khabib
Izzy

I’d swap Khabib and Izzy but that’s a good list

You’re wrong again. Aldo’s 10th fight against Maryama was at LW and we don’t at what weight most of his early fights were. I counted only 15 fights that were verified to be at FW.

Who you beat is the most important thing and denying it makes you look stupid. That’s why only UFC titles matter and not any other organisations.
Imagine a fighter A a LHW fighting around 2015 and beating Jones and defending like 3 times against DC, Gus and Rumble. And then compare him to fighter B getting the LHW title beating Jan and then defending 5 times against Glover, Smith, Reyes, Hill and Walker. By your logic fighter B should be the GOAT because he has more defences, more title wins and longer time at the top. But that simply ain’t true and deep down you know it.

And stop acting like Aldo was some old washed up fighter when he lost the title. He was still very much at his prime. Your logic is as simplistic as “lost a fight= not prime anymore”. Aldo was at his peak years and still performed the same when Conor, Max and Volk beat him. During that time Aldo beat Frankie, Stephens and Moicano in spectacular fashion and those are actually some of the best wins on his FW resume. Definitely better wins than Cub, Hominick and Gamburyan. And to push your dumb “out of prime” narrative you must assume that everyone that Aldo ever beat fell out of prime the same day, because all of them lost to the next generation of fighters like Conor, Max, Volk and Ortega.
Hmm, I suppose it’s possible that Maryuma fight was at LW. That wasn’t my recollection, but we are talking about a random Pancrase fight from like, 20 years ago lol. If that were true. Aldo’s FW win streak would be 24, while Volk’s is around 15 or so. It’s not close.

I didn’t say that who a fighter beats isn’t important, lmao. That would be silly. I said that looking at common opponents between two fighters is not a valid ranking criteria.

I also didn’t say that Aldo magically fell out of prime the day he lost the belt. What I am saying is that he debuted in 2004, and was champ from 2009-2015, moved weight classes in late 2019 and retired in 2022– so we have a pretty good gauge on when his prime and peak were, and shouldn’t weigh fights in the last few years of his career all that heavily.
Moicano and Stephens are not championship-caliber fighters. Good fighters and fine wins, yes. Just because Aldo was past his best doesn’t mean he still can’t get wins, even against good fighters.

Regardless, this is all the same song and dance you always do. You desperately want to give fighters you are more familiar with a ranking and status that they simply haven’t earned.

EDIT: oh, and fucking lol @ “only UFC titles count!”
You’ve become a parody and a troll.

Last edited:
Aldo
MM
DC
Izzy/Volk (I can't decide, I'm an Izzy hater and an Aussie so obviously I want to put volk ahead but so much of his career was against Max Holloway, and Izzy had a great MW career fighting different people.)
Khabib

Hmm, I suppose it’s possible that Maryuma fight was at LW. That wasn’t my recollection, but we are talking about a random Pancrase fight from like, 20 years ago lol. If that were true. Aldo’s FW win streak would be 24, while Volk’s is around 15 or so. It’s not close.

I didn’t say that who a fighter beats isn’t important, lmao. That would be silly. I said that looking at common opponents between two fighters is not a valid ranking criteria.

I also didn’t say that Aldo magically fell out of prime the day he lost the belt. What I am saying is that he debuted in 2004, and was champ from 2009-2015, moved weight classes in late 2019 and retired in 2022– so we have a pretty good gauge on when his prime and peak were, and shouldn’t weigh fights in the last few years of his career all that heavily.
Moicano and Stephens are not championship-caliber fighters. Good fighters and fine wins, yes. Just because Aldo was past his best doesn’t mean he still can’t get wins, even against good fighters.

Regardless, this is all the same song and dance you always do. You desperately want to give fighters you are more familiar with a ranking and status that they simply haven’t earned.

EDIT: oh, and fucking lol @ “only UFC titles count!”
You’ve become a parody and a troll.
Stephens was ranked #5 and on a 3 fight win streak. If he would’ve beaten Aldo, he would’ve fought for the belt.

Moicano was also ranked #5 and 5-1 in his last 6, also looking to fight for the title with win over Aldo.

Stephens and Moicano are better fighters than Gamburyan and Hominick, they are around Lamas level. The fact that Aldo finished them both, proves that he was very much still the same fighter.

You skipped my LHW comparison and you know why. I’ll make a new one for you:

Let’s say runner A, wins 100m dash world title 9 years in a row with his personal best of 9.9

Than comes along runner B beating him 2 times with the time of 9.7

Then runner C beats both runners A and B, sets the world record at 9.5 and wins 5 world titles.

Who’s the GOAT?;)

1) Volkanovski
2)Aldo
3) Izzy
4) DC
5) Khabib
6) Mighty Mouse

My opinions only, based on accomplishments and their worth. I give high praise to Volk for going undefeated at featherweight for the entirety of his prime. Aldo for a lengthy title reign for a decade before he finally lost. Izzy for 5 (nearly 6) title defenses and avenging his title loss

I have khabib low due to lack of significant wins, and mighty mouse because he fought too many insignificant fighters in the flyweight division (at least he showed he's the best ever in that weightclass historically)

Very disingenuous statement… How’s his resume the weakest when he fought in the most stacked division?

MM was fighting gifts like Tim Elliot, Chris Cariosso, Ray Borg, Wilson Reis, etc in title fights… an absolute joke. Then he goes and gets knocked out cold in the minor leagues.

Conor, Dustin, Gaethje, Oliveira, RDA, Barboza all in their prime are far better wins than most the guys you just named.

You also have to detract the guys you just named all getting beat up in their respective divisions. It’s not close.
Oliveira? Khabib doesn't get credit for Islam's wins.

Don't really know. MM would probably be the most popular answer on here because he's likeable and has a lot of defenses, but 4 losses and a draw with 25 wins isn't really that incredible, and the division is pretty shallow because not that many adults weigh 125 lbs.

Khabib retired young, but he still has the most wins of everyone on that list except Aldo, and also gets extra points for not even having a hard fight, having his last 2 wins still in the top 3, 4 years after he retired, and the current champ was basically his understudy. After seeing how the division shook out after, can't really say sticking around would have changed much. It's been the same guys he already beat fighting for the title, except Oliveira who wasn't really in the discussion at the time, and after seeing Islam/Charles, seems like Charles would have had much for him either.

Aldo peaked young and declined young.

DC would have a good claim too if it weren't for Jones.

If we disregard post 35 year old Volk, he's got a decent claim too, but losing 3 in a row and getting KO'd in 2 of them doens't exactly help.

All these MM #1 are blowing my mind. Maybe yoiu could say the most skilled, but dude got traded to where the competition is a lil easier. Selling fights and the business side of it is not being factored in by anyone.

In music, would you say Yngwei Malmsteen is more accomplished than J.S.Bach? He was surely a better instrumentalist, more skilled at producing non listenable shit on guitar. But Bach's work has lasted the test of time, been financially succesfull, and he could really blow on that welll tempered Harpsichord!!!

Jose Aldo-Michael Jordan of FW
Mighty Mouse-Michael Jordan of flyweight
Khabib-Michael Jordan of LW
Alexander Volkanovski-Magic Johnson of FW
Izzy-Carmello Anthony of MW
DC-crybaby 3rd place loser

Back