Social Huffington Post to Shed Staff

Huff Post sucked. When they started going full blow everything on the right or republican is bad is when I stopped reading.

What a shame. Now will I have to get my political education from Vox.

While I agree with this wholeheartedly, my limited reading of Huff Po indicated they were more interested in running with narratives than in asking tough questions. Am I off base?
Yeah, they weren't journalists. They had a narrative and everything they reported on had to be seen through that lens. The bias was so obvious it was pathetic to even say they were journalists

Yeah, they weren't journalists. They had a narrative and everything they reported on had to be seen through that lens. The bias was so obvious it was pathetic to even say they were journalists

Yeah, the delusion is strong with this bunch, calling themselves "journalists". They were gossip columnists at best. They seriously believe that they were doing important work, and are irreplaceable, and that their phones are going to be ringing off the hook with offers from all the major outlets, who are just chomping at the bit to get a hold of their "talents".

Reality is gonna hit them hard.

Yeah, the delusion is strong with this bunch, calling themselves "journalists". They were gossip columnists at best. They seriously believe that they were doing important work, and are irreplaceable, and that their phones are going to be ringing off the hook with offers from all the major outlets, who are just chomping at the bit to get a hold of their "talents".

Reality is gonna hit them hard.
I hope so too. These people were living in a bubble or a special garden. They've done nothing to further journalism these past ten years. Recently there was some article about the imagine dragons being a bad band, and basically just posted people's twitter posts. It's become a joke. Seriously these people all just applauded each other as as their rating have collapsed. Everyone is wrong and it's not their fault, they're all talented and amazing

Went to high school with a woman who has written for HoffPo.

One of her articles was about Scottish Independence.

The comments at the end of the article were quite to the point: Her information was incorrect. Her facts were incorrect. Her history was incorrect.

Now, I assume most HuffPo articles are really just opinion staters that are preaching to the choir. So, I found it interesting that so many of the comments were simply "You are Incorrect".

I might browse Huffpo just in the same way as Brieitbart, for opposition research... but I do not like to hear about any reduction in media, even for kind of repugnant media.

The USA and world would do better with more people and more groups asking questions, rather than fewer.
this is the most reasonable and realisitc response to the media accross the spectrum.

once you dictate what is "fake news" , "biased news" or attack journalists for their work...you are already engineering society and creating the "sheeple".

people need to decide for themselves what news to take in. if 99% of people believe in lies...its not the fault of the media..its just we have a bigger problem in education and the lack of ability to teach people when they are young make sound decisions. fixing stupid doesnt begin with the media

As a government Web services programmer who has been interested in and tinkering with computers since the early 90's, that is literally the worst advice you could ever give someone who has only a passing interest with computing technology.

Shit, I hate coding anymore and am looking to increase my reliance on my recently-gained skills in the industrial sector.

And when I retire I want to run a small farm/CSA.
All jobs suck, that's the thing.

If you go to work and give your all, it's often frustrating, challenging and time consuming.
That's why we get paid.

Complaining and whining on the internet about everyone else is not a transferable skill, these writers that specialize in the divisive blame-game offer no value to the rest of the private sector.

They are going to be in a world of hurt in the real world.

Hiring manager: "What are you good at?"

Sjw writers:I'm good at complaining, making a big deal about everything, criticizing every process in place, telling people that have been in their industry for decades that I know more about them because they're wrong simply by who they are, dividing and getting people all fired up, causing drama, all while I pat myself on the back for every tiny thing I do. "

HR: we'll get back to you.

this is the most reasonable and realisitc response to the media accross the spectrum.

once you dictate what is "fake news" , "biased news" or attack journalists for their work...you are already engineering society and creating the "sheeple".

people need to decide for themselves what news to take in. if 99% of people believe in lies...its not the fault of the media..its just we have a bigger problem in education and the lack of ability to teach people when they are young make sound decisions. fixing stupid doesnt begin with the media

I agree with you in principle, of course.

How can we equip the young to discern what is true and what is false? Teach logic and critical thinking as a required HS course? There would be a (stupid) political maelstrom (shit storm) over that kind of approach, but I think it would solve some problems if we put the right minds behind it.

LOL there is so much gold from these diverse journalists(White females with the most pathetic predictable gender/nonsensical far left/race obsessed content) All kinds of tweets from them from a year or so ago about reducing the number of white staff at Huffpost.

We bragged about diversity and greatly reducing the white staff and now me and a bunch of my other like minded white female useless far left bloggers are laid off.

tenor.gif

Bunch of white girls spewing sjw nonsense, fuck em

Since they appear so liberated maybe they should look into making "woke pr0n" a thing. Make and corner that market.

Can't believe these rags like HP and Buzzfeed employ that many people. Must be some kind of Fake New fund to pay the salaries.

Can't believe these rags like HP and Buzzfeed employ that many people. Must be some kind of Fake New fund to pay the salaries.
could be. perhaps government shitdown is to blame. interesting post from pol not sure if any truth in it tho ;

"These neurotic fat fucks were financed through tax exempt NGOs and foundations. Some of them received governmental grants as well. Both of them are public money, the taxpayer is paying the bill at the end.

They were fired only because Trump forced the Government Shutdown. And by the law they have to pay the salaries, but their source of income (public money) is gone.

They are partners with 90 "newsroom organizations". Former WSJ and WaPo executives. You could start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProPublica

https://assets.propublica.org/propublica-990-"

Back