Hyped/highly rated products that didn't meet expectations

osudude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sort of the inverse of this
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/products-that-exceeded-your-expectations.3801653/

I recently bought a refurbished Dyson vacuum. After doing some research and reading reviews, I found out that Dyson offers their refurbs through eBay and I got a heavily discounted Dyson Ball vac.

Well, it's not the vacuuming panacea I was led to believe. It actually works just fine, in fact the damn thing sucks everything out of my rugs. But that's about all it does easily. See, it doesn't have a manually adjustable head, so it just stays as close to the floor as possible. So I end up just pushing those cheerios around on the hardwood rather than actually sucking them up. Most of my house is hardwood and I have kids, so there's lots of "chunky" things that just get pushed around and not vacuumed up.

Then there's the weirdness with the attachments. First, there's no switch for the attachments, when it's locked upright it automatically starts sucking through the hose, which is open right on the handle. Then, there's a long non-flexible part of the attachment that is really inconvenient if you're doing stairs. You can take it off, but you can't leave it off without the hose flopping around when you go back to doing the floors.

Basically, it does one thing really well, but you have to do a lot of finicky things to get it to do everything well. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the Eureeka I had before was much more user friendly.

Yeah yeah, women's work. I know.

i keep getting dyson ads. damn you pete.

Fleshlight--not the same as the real thing. Talks way less. Wait, didn't meet expectations? Hmmmm....

Big black double sided dildo. Wasn't as big as advertised. :-(

Bought a pair of Nike Blazers after watching Like Mike.

Was furious after they didn't increase my vertical by 20 inches.

All Apple products.

Segway. Remember before that thing came out it was hyped like it would revolutionize travel? LMAO

I like my Dyson tbh, I’ve got the like modular little handheld one idk the model name.

All Apple products.
Yup. Ever since they did that update where they slowed down older iPhones in order to get people to buy a new phone, then my iPhone is terrible.

Pisses me off because it was fine before that update. Fuck Apple. Will never buy from a company that does that kind of shit to their customers.

Yup. Ever since they did that update where they slowed down older iPhones in order to get people to buy a new phone, then my iPhone is terrible.

Pisses me off because it was fine before that update. Fuck Apple. Will never buy from a company that does that kind of shit to their customers.
I have it so updates have to be done manually. And so I never update.

I have it so updates have to be done manually. And so I never update.
Yeah I'm starting to learn that you never update anything that's working well.

They say you need security updates but fuck all that noise. If I get attacked then I'll update, but not before

I'm about to blow up this thread to at least ten LEAST ten pages and say THE LAST JEDI WHO'S WITH ME???

#bittersweetsymphony

Back