I’m convinced Aldo beats Vera

The UFC Apex center should craft a marble sculpture of Sean Omalley on a stretcher and use it as a prop

I'm a fan of Aldo. He will always be in my Top 10 favorites of all time. That aside, I believe his day in the sun is over. Aldo can still win some but he has visibly lost a step [or two] plus he seems to fade a bit too fast these days. As much as I root for him, his losses do not incite confidence.

Do i need a reality check?

I always fall into the trap of believing Aldo is going to beat whoever he is facing next and end up disappointed. Such a skilled guy.

If Vera beats him, or even worse finished Aldo, he has got to call it a day. Huge fight for him.

edit: just checked the odds and Aldo is actually the favourite, assumed it would be Chito due to previous fights

Aldo had a really bad late stoppage.
Like worse than Tony Ferguson vs Gaethje.
That was back in Jun/July

He went 5 rounds that was pretty brutal and took alot of punishment from Yan.

Aldo has been in some wars in last 5 years.
- Volkanovski
- Moraes
- Holloway x2
- Edgar
All decision losses except for Edgar

Last edited:
The last time people were counting Aldo out was at FW and then he liver shotted Stephens who was gonna smoke him according to this forum (so was Moicano), he was probably one fight away from being number one contender when he lost to Volk. I'd expect him to beat Vera unless there is something I'm missing about Vera, Aldo only loses to elite guys generally.

Vera will win imo
This is the era of falling veterans
Anderson Silva got TKO'd by Hall the bum.
JDS TKO'd by Gane.
Ferguson decisioned by Chales

The last time people were counting Aldo out was at FW and then he liver shotted Stephens who was gonna smoke him according to this forum (so was Moicano), he was probably one fight away from being number one contender when he lost to Volk. I'd expect him to beat Vera unless there is something I'm missing about Vera, Aldo only loses to elite guys generally.

Yeah there is question mark about Vera vs top guys.
We will find out if he's ready soon enough.
Unless Aldo pulls out.

Yeah Aldo going down a class will be interesting, possibly not as stronger, since he has to cut some muscle.

It’s a 3 round fight, so I’m going with Aldo. He was competitive against Yan early on and even took the second round on all three score cards. He just tends to deteriorate these days as the fight goes on and those championship rounds do him no favors.

He is highly competitive at least against the best of the best at 135-145, so he will have a lot to think about if he drops this one in my opinion. Vera is obviously a good fighter, but he’s not among Yan, Holloway, or even Moraes IMO, and that’s a guy Aldo arguably beat. Truly a crossroads fight for Aldo as DC and Helwani said.

Jeez, Aldo becoming underrated. He could've beat Yan if his cardio hadn't failed him. I like Vera but he ain't ready for this level. He's tough as fuck and well rounded but he just doesn't have the skills of the elite guys.

Only way Aldo loses is if Yan took his soul

Jeez, Aldo becoming underrated. He could've beat Yan if his cardio hadn't failed him. I like Vera but he ain't ready for this level. He's tough as fuck and well rounded but he just doesn't have the skills of the elite guys.

Only way Aldo loses is if Yan took his soul
If the 13 second KO and Holloway beat downs didn't then I doubt this one did either, took years off his life for sure though.

The only way I see Vera winning is if he puts on a ridiculous pace like he did in the Ewell fight.

Aldo wins the 1st, the 2nd is much closer but Aldo wins on 2 of the judges scorecards, Vera 10-8s Aldo in the 3rd.

28-28, 29-27 Vera, 28-28 = Majority Draw

Aldo looked competitive against Moraes who was ranked #1 coming of a title fight and Petr who is the champ now. And both of that in his first two fights at BW. I still believe he won that Moraes fight and he def. won a round or two in the Petr fight so there is no doubt Aldo still has what it takes to be a tough fight for anyone. He also implements the leg kicks a lot more now, which just opens up so many other areas of his striking. If he shows up like he did in those two fights mentioned + with the right adjustments, he should get the win.

War Aldo.

Aldo is definitely declining, clearly, but I think he still beats Vera. Vera has never faced anyone nearly at Aldo's level.

I got Aldo on this. Chito is only famous because of the fluke win over o'malley. similar to when brent primus beat chandler.

Back