I’m not convinced Colby is the 2nd best WW in the world

Man, I wasn't convinced coming into this fight either, but this fight absolutely convinced me.

Jorge doesn't have weak TDD, Colby is just one of those guys that is a real fuckin problem for anyone who doesn't have a lifetime of wrestling.

He's clearly top 5 and I think Usman, Burns and Khamzat are the only ones with clear paths to victory.

Whoever though he was?

Colby has dominated all of the older fighters, Lawler, Woodley, Masvidal. I’m not impressed with his resume.

How is his chin suspect? He got hit by big shots from Usman and Jorge and never got knocked out. The fact that he recovered from the shots he took says that he has a pretty great chin. He also did way better with the grappling vs Jorge than Usman did, and I'd say that's a huge deal since most people probably didn't expect that.

Yes, there is a reason he's calling out Dustin, but it has nothing to do with ducking guys in the division. It's because he knows he's very unlikely to ever get another shot at the WW belt so long as Usman is champ. So instead, he's calling out other guys he has heat with so he can have big fights. Probably hoping someone beats Usman in the meantime, since then he'll be prime for another shot.

By rankings yeah but I agree. I'd put Edwards, Khamzat and Bern's as better then him .

One of most boring fucking fighters out there cant fnish and jumps humps ground for decisions.

I'd say he's one of the least boring grapplers because he always seems to make an effort to do something rather than just stall.

Yeah when in every big fight you get dropped it's kinda hard to rate you.

It's a product of his pace. More aggression means more openings. When you're doing consistent 5 rounders with that pace.....

See other high volume fighters I.E Cain, Guida, Diaz, Holloway.

Jorge fans big mad. Your fucking can got embarrassed lol

Both things can be true though. Jorge is a damn can, no denying it. We all saw the fight going like this but it was even worse than we probably imagined. That said, Covington loves to hug but there are other guys in the division who are far better wrestlers, can defend a takedown, in addition to having hands that could put him away pretty quickly.

Calling out Dustin for the money most likely, the guy is beast, I don't care for him personally but denying that is insane at this point. I would say he has proven himself as second best, It's not like Usman completely trashed him, that was an insanely competitive fight and hardly any reasonable person would have a problem with a trilogy.
Actually, Mas is the only current top 15 WW he's beaten.

My dad said the exact same thing and he loves colby

Every fight?? The dude was dropped by Kamaru and Jorge lmfao. Usman can actually strike, like it or not, and Jorge has been striking his whole life. Who cares if Colby gets clipped?????? He isn’t a striker by trade and more or less uses his striking to get in close to clinch and take you down. He’s still tough as nails and comes right back into the fight.

His chin is super suspect, and his wrestling while elite doesn’t seem to match the more grapple finish rate that his wrestling peers have (except Usman)

I’m not convinced that he’s better than Gilbert,Vincente, or even Khazmat.

There’s a reason hes calling out Dustin

Dustin and Colby are in the same position fights: both have lost 2 title shots and are looking for money fights now.

IMO Colby has a good chin but needs better stand up defense. He dropped his hands and Mas popped right on the button. Colby stood and came forward bc his chin and cardio is pretty good.

I'd favor him over Burns and Edwards. So id say its fair to have him as the second best. Not sure Khamzat doesnt throw him around a bit though.

He seems to be occupying a strange spot in the WW division. His biggest accomplishment is pushing the champion to a close fight, which will keep him ranked #1 for a while.

Now he will stay ranked #1, and can just pick winnable fights until Usman loses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back