I’m not convinced that Chitos win against O’Malley wasn’t a fluke.

Wouldn't call it a fluke but he kind of got lucky, that win doesn't mean much to me. Would like to see a rematch, think O'Malley is the superior fighter

Chito won a round off of Aldo and KO'd Edgar.

O'Malley has beaten a bunch of randos.

GTFO

The better fighter doesnt always win. Seems like a good opportunity for a rematch, but the UFC might not want to risk derailing the hype train.

That's where the real delusion is
Barely anything happened before O'Malley's leg went out. He never really hit him with anything substantial but people act like Sean was killing Vera I have no clue what they watched

Also, Vera has one of the best P4P chins in the UFC. The marks think that O'Malley was going to KO him with any clean shot that landed.

Vera is a bad match up for O'Malley.

The better fighter doesnt always win. Seems like a good opportunity for a rematch, but the UFC might not want to risk derailing the hype train.

There's zero evidence that O'Malley is a better fighter. Vera has fought much better competition overall.

I disagree.

It wasn't a fluke at the time they fought chito was better than him, Omalley has improved.

even the 5 mins of that first fight was way more competitive, Omalley has gotten much much better with his defense and footwork.

Only if you define "fluke" as "yes his opponent hurt him with strikes enough to finish the fight...but is unlikely to be able to do so again".

Which is different than, say, the "fluke" that led to Tom Aspinall losing to Curtis Blaydes. Or even the "fluke" Ortega injury against Yair (first fight).

I don't think it was a fluke. I think Belfort v Couture 2 was a fluke, but not O'Malley v Vera I. Albeit the gray area is challenging to define exactly. Which is why...

...Ultimately this thread is just a semantics debate.

I hated O'Malley and his antics when he first came on the scene. Dude has won me over with his fighting. He's entertaining to watch and seems to be getting more confident and comfortable in the cage.

It was flukey<BC1>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back