I am assuming here that nobody is in favor of abortions after 8 months, fair?

I don’t know if they exist in this forum but there are plenty of hardline feminists who believe abortion rights should continue for some period after a live birth.

I’ve heard that too, but I think that’s driven by the child’s political affiliation.

I don't deal with exceptions, this is the general rule.

Except you can prevent yourself from getting pregnant 100% of the time. Don't be an idiot.
You can prevent yourself from getting hurt skiing 100 percent of the time by abstaining from skiing.

It’s a dumb as fuck argument because even a full term baby needs so many extra things post delivery to keep it alive. Same with many adults in hospital being kept alive with modern medicine. Should we just nuke the hospitals?

How dopey are you

A full term baby does not in fact need extra things to keep it alive. That's why people do these things called "home births". It's because a fully developed and healthy child doesn't need anything from a hospital.

Humans have been having children for 300,000 years and modern medicine has been around for like 100 years.

What the fuck do you think used to happen before we had hospitals? And you want to call my argument dumb as fuck and me dopey?

A full term baby does not in fact need extra things to keep it alive. That's why people do these things called "home births". It's because a fully developed and healthy child doesn't need anything from a hospital.

Humans have been having children for 300,000 years and modern medicine has been around for like 100 years.

What the fuck do you think used to happen before we had hospitals? And you want to call my argument dumb as fuck and me dopey?
So, if your child is born, but unable to breathe on his own, just stab him in the brain with a sweet shank?

And try responding for a change without your childish insults, if you would.

So, if your child is born, but unable to breathe on his own, just stab him in the brain with a sweet shank?

And try responding for a change without your childish insults, if you would.

How hard is this for you to understand. There's a time during the development cycle of a fetus where it should be developed enough to survive outside the womb if necessary. Until that standard of life is met, I believe any woman for any reason can abort said fetus. And if continuing the pregnancy past that point is a risk to the mother's life, then I'm for terminating that pregnancy.

If a fully developed baby is born and needs medical intervention to help it survive, then it's already been born. At that point you would just be killing a child that needs medical help.

I know it's hard for retards like you to understand. Honestly I wish your mother had just swallowed you like a champ instead of letting your father bust up in her.

I cannot quite put my finger on it, but the grossness of this analogy pretty well sums up why I have steadily become more and more anti-abortion.
Or at least, anti-pro-abortionists.

I guess it's the irrational idea I have that we should see ourselves as more than an assembly of parts.

I think the analogy is being misunderstood and maybe it was a bit unclear.

The picture of the disassembled auto parts wasn't meant to demonstrate the fact that they are free-floating components awaiting assembly - some other poster thought the same as well, and then disappeared when I attempted to clarify.

I was aiming to emphasize the fact that those parts have the *potential* to become a car, just as a fetus has the *potential* to become an autonomous human being. In the former, we would never call something that is incomplete, a "car". Likewise, I would say that referring to a fetus as a baby, or human being, is a mistake.

Unreal. Her body? Her choice? She isn't the one that is going to die; the baby is.

I'm pretty much pro choice. But my pro choice bruhs need to realize this.
Admit it: You are killing something. If no action is taken, a baby develops and births. Don't want a baby? You gotta take the action, and go in there and fucking whack it out.
Just call a spade a fucking spade.

I'm pretty much pro choice. But my pro choice bruhs need to realize this.
Admit it: You are killing something. If no action is taken, a baby develops and births. Don't want a baby? You gotta take the action, and go in there and fucking whack it out.
Just call a spade a fucking spade.

Totally agree. Just come out and say it. You support ending an innocent life (no matter how developed it is). Spade a spade.

I'm morally against abortions, but I think mandatory, permanent sterilizations with each procedure might take poor decision makers out of the gene pool. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

3 months, or later if there is a heath issue for the mother or fetus. It's disturbing to see how some radical pro-life types assume their own conclusion using an oversimplified characterization. The oversimplification takes the form: (a) a fetus is a life, (b) taking a life is murder, therefore (c) abortion is murder. But (a) is too simplistic a premise, because there is a long continuum of development from fertilization to birth. Most people recognize this intuitively. A previous poster suggested the following thought experiment: given the choice of aborting a fetus at 3 months, or killing a 3-year-old child, 100% of people, pro-choice or pro-life, would choose the former. This illustrates the flaw in the simplistic pro-life argument.

Going solely off the OPs chart im going with 8 weeks or less unless there are extenuating circumstances. The extenuating circumstances would be a mother vs fetus situation. Then its up to the mom or Doctor.

Back