I believe everything Nunes said about not being 100% in the first fight.

She was there for the taking, a 1-2 on the button, cause pena kept rushing in with her eyes completely closed and chin in the air, any decent striker would’ve knocked that out. Perhaps nunes was fighting scared though cause of the first fight
I mean it is possible when Peña finished Nunes in the first fight. We will probably never know but I do think Peña needs to fix the holes in her striking if she’s going to fight Nunes again.

Nunaz had a ton going on before the 1st fight and had been unstoppable for a good while makes ssnse that she would eventually take a fight easy and get caught.

Fighters are probably less than 100% in their fights more often than not. It's an excuse for losing, and frankly, it's unprofessional. If you take the fight, own the result. Amanda's not strapped for cash and Dana wouldn't have stripped her if she had pulled out of the Pena fight a second time. The only consequence would've been more trash talking ammo for Pena. Big whoop.

Fight had glimpses of their first fight, its not like she was so different from the first one, i mean all the alleged problems, more like she took this one more serious and had an actual gameplan, even if not the brightest considering she was in danger from subs more than once.

Fight had glimpses of their first fight, its not like she was so different from the first one, i mean all the alleged problems, more like she took this one more serious and had an actual gameplan, even if not the brightest considering she was in danger from subs more than once.
She was caught in some good ones and I feel bad for Nunes’s arms tomorrow.

Another GDR/Nunes rematch would be a tough sell as Nunes beat her twice already, but who else is there? Lol
Nobody really. The division lacks some legitimate prospects although now that I say that @Hellowhosthat could probably list a bunch of prospects in the division but yeah it’s looking pretty barren out there.

Yeah hopefully she’s back to 100% now covid effecting a fighters gas tank must be a big problem for them.

But also I must say I think that Nunes paced herself very well in this fight with more consistent pressure.
She said she was going to try and be more precise, and she definitely was.

That check right hook landed 80% of the time it seemed like.

Back