I blew through a lot of money - Woodley

I respect his honesty man. And a lot of us grew up the same way. Parents living check to check with not a lot to show for it. It took me some time to get out of that mentality he's talking about, but I sure as hell didn't have the amount of money he had to blow.

Does he not have a financial advisor?

You'd think he'd be more eager to fight all the time.

These guys are stupid with their money. I could understand buying one nice car and a house, but 7 cars and 2 houses?

Besides nice food and presents, my life would be pretty similar.

There is definitely a new world that opens up to you as you grow more wealthy and meet more wealthy people. Look at Kobe and the helicopter for example. Most people probably don’t feel like the lack of helicopter is a gaping problem in their life right now. But once you get exposed to the luxury of saving time like that you can understand the desire to keep doing it.

That sort of thing I get.

Cars though? You really shouldn’t be collecting unnecessary shit like that until you’re so rich that ever going broke again is basically an impossibility.

that was idiotic. I would have bought 4 houses and 1 car. just rent the houses out. buy a lot or something. live off the rent easy.

He's really not helping the racial stereotypes here.
That is NOT a racial stereotype. It is common amongst all athletes, actors, Musicians who come in to money fast, and see it end before they expect it to.

Those fields are littered with the rich to instantly broke as soon as they lose their next paycheque.

What a load of shit. I didn't grow up with a lot of money and what I did learn was to be frugal and wise with my money. Homie 100% deserves to be in the hole he's dug himself.

Who the hell buys 7 cars and two houses on a UFC champion's salary?

These guys are stupid with their money. I could understand buying one nice car and a house, but 7 cars and 2 houses?

Besides nice food and presents, my life would be pretty similar.

Agree... An extra whip or two... same house... a few more watches...

7 cars and 2 houses?

Buffoon.

Stupid as hell.. In sports you retire so young. Get a nice house nothing crazy, and 1 or 2 nice cars.. Then save and invest.. Window to make that kind of money is so small..

Bought 7 cars but complains he blew away too much money. What a fuckin dumbass.

This seems to be a pattern with a lot of black people, specifically amongst rappers. You always see them showing off their cars, jewelry etc.. Not being racist, just pointing out an observation.

You don't see Bill Gates in a Bugatti or wearing $100 000 watches.

I have zero sympathy for this type of shit.
ya but it is a racist comment even if you don't want it to be.

What you say applies also to white athletes. White actors. White Musicians. It is very common in any entertainment endeavor where someone can go from top of the world to a nobody over night as many cannot foresee that end and they are spending everything they earn as they earn it.

Damn, I thought Tyronne was smarter than that. There really is no stupider way for an athlete to lose all their money than buying fucking cars

You definitely need 7 cars. Don't worry about the maintenance and registration and insurance for each one, just know you're a baller in a sport where your stock can drop overnight after a bad loss. Which it did.

Fuck me, wouldn't you at least have a financial advisor at his level? Athletes think the buck will never stop even though they literally have the shortest careers of any industry. I don't feel sorry for anyone who buys 7 high end cars and then whinges about being broke. This rap shit isn't gonna save him. He's 37 soon, was one of the more boring champs, and just did his favourite snowman impression against Usman and hasn't fought since.

Sell all your assests Woodley. The rap game definitely isn't gonna save you.

Dude had a degree in economics from university of Missouri before he started in the UFC.

Didn't he get a divorce recently?
He has several kids
He'll be fighting for a while..

Holyfield got ruined by divorce alone but he also was one rabbit male regarding women. Guy has 11 Kids <Lmaoo>

Who the hell buys 7 cars and two houses on a UFC champion's salary?

It's not hard at all to see why. Since he's into his music as well people around him probably got fancy cars and a lot of money. When tyrone get a $500k check or w/e it's easy treating yourself buying a car. It's not hard to talk yourself into splurging on a car, he's the UFC champ and he will keep defending the belt!

It's not hard to accumulate cars, since he got a family as well. Two daily drivers, maybe an extra SUV and then he might want a few sportscar. People who are into cars rarely only has two of them.

Did woodley say he was broke?

Not watching video since my earplugs are already in.

Also lol at the race baiting weirdos ITT. I wonder if they say the same about Conrad.

Ppl on sherdog been saying the same shit to Conor. lol

Well he's a race baiting asshole so he deserves to only have 6 cars and 2 houses

<LikeReally5>

Pretty bad business moves he should have asked GSP to be his mentor instead of calling him out

He seemed like the type of guy to be smarter with his money.

Well that sucks......

He seemed smart and down to earth

But if he cant see hes terrible at rapping... then hes delusional, this blowing all your money as a 40 year old champ like youll be champ forever is stupid too

I didn't say he was. Was anything I said untrue? Just watch the video. He blamed his upbringing watching how his mom dealt with money and that no one taught him about finances. Everything is always someone else's fault with this guy.
That's an extremely cynical interpretation of the video. What I saw was a guy who was learning from his own mistakes and was man enough to admit them. Which is rare these days. It's not like he went broke, blamed someone else and was begging for money lol.

Back