I didn't care if either Adesanya or Poatan won, but that was an early stoppage.

The criteria for a stoppage is when you stop intelligently defending yourself. Hunched over, hands down, not looking at your opponent is NOT intelligent defense.

I watched the card back today with my dad (he didn't see it), and on second view it did look early imo. It is what it is though.

After seeing the angle from behind Israel I concur, didn't have a problem with the stoppage before seeing that. Should have been given a couple more seconds

The criteria for a stoppage is when you stop intelligently defending yourself. Hunched over, hands down, not looking at your opponent is NOT intelligent defense.

Wasn't Olives in the same position with Chandler and managed to recover and win

Wasn't the narrative for izzys safe performances to have a long career and be healthy ? Ref saved him from unnecessary trauma. Best thing that could have happened for adesanya. Rematch would be even worse for him if he ended up planted. Legit stoppage

Wasn't Olives in the same position with Chandler and managed to recover and win

Olives shot for a takedown, Izzy didn't
Olives was actually avoiding shots. Izzy got hit with pretty much everything hard in the finishing sequence.
The Olives situation was for a couple seconds and he rolled onto his back. Izzy was taking shots 10+ seconds.

Naw, preventing the concussion BEFORE it happens is how you prevent future CTE

Back