I don't get something about steroids.

"steroids are only for recovery" is a myth. You can take some and do nothing else and increase lean muscle mass. But don't think that the one hour workout guy 'needs' them for recovery, but that one hour workout guy can workout 2 hours or double the frequency/keep up the intensity with the addition of steroids.

And if you have both weight trained seriously and worked a labor job, you know they are apples and oranges. Sure you are fatigued after a day of moving heavy shit, but heavy deadlifts and squats for an hour should leave you drained. As someone pointed out, esp for hypertrophy training, you are actively trying to tax your muscles.

I used to work for a building suppliers when I was 16-23 years old. The username 'Fatman' would not have been appropriate at that time of my life.

I easily lifted 10000kg per shift (about 10 pallets or 400 x 25kg bags of sand/cement), Plus a good 4000kg of timber. Loads of heavy items like patio doors, paving slabs, packs of flooring, flat-pack kitchen units, etc. We'd push/pull timber trolleys or pump trucks loaded with 2 tonne around the store all day. I wore a pedometer once and did 20,000 steps in a shift.

Then I quit and took a higher paying office job where I was sat down at a computer all day. Now I'm 'Fatman'.

It takes a while to develop that work capacity though. A lot of new-starters couldn't keep up and the turn over of staff was high.

A steroid is supposed to help you build muscle without rest days, effectively helping you recover faster and build muscle faster.

Yet people work hard labor jobs 5 or so days a week...10 hours of heavy lifting in a warehouse with only 1 hour of a break inbewteen usually. This work is contant.

Yet when you do workouts you only workout for maybe an hour or so, with rests in between.

So why is it that you need steroids for "recovery" for a workout like that when people do harder work for 40+ hours a week and don't need steroids to recover for the next day? Are steroids a placebo?

TS has clearly never done jiu jitsu or wrestled with any manual laborers.

Farm boy strength is real. Also roofers have outstanding grip strength.

Also guys work this hard tend to suffer a great deal of damage from wear and tear on their joints over a lifetime.

Knee replacements at young ages (in their 50s), spinal problems, etc.

Back