I enjoyed Lucy

Yea I liked it. Been wanting to watch it again but just haven’t done it.

Decent enough flick, but I had to completely suspend disbelief at the premise.

It's such a stupid misunderstanding of neurobiology, the false claim that we "only use 10% of our brain".

This nonsense is derived from the fact that ~90% of the brain is neuroglial cells which are sort of like structural support for everything else.

It's like claiming that an office building isn't using the space occupied by the reinforced concrete that's holding the damn building up and if you could just tap into that space the building would be more productive.

It's such a stupid misunderstanding of neurobiology, the false claim that we "only use 10% of our brain".

This nonsense is derived from the fact that ~90% of the brain is neuroglial cells which are sort of like structural support for everything else.

It's like claiming that an office building isn't using the space occupied by the reinforced concrete that's holding the damn building up and if you could just tap into that space the building would be more productive.

Yeah I wasn't looking at it like scientific fact sir lol

Yeah I wasn't looking at it like scientific fact sir lol

It's not the only film that misrepresents the concept, there's like a whole mini genre of scifi based on this nonsense claim.

I just have to roll my eyes and think of Scarlet's character as Jean Grey on crack.

It's not the only film that misrepresents the concept, there's like a whole mini genre of scifi based on this nonsense claim.

I just have to roll my eyes and think of Scarlet's character as Jean Grey on crack.

If I thought that way I wouldn't be able to watch any movies at all sir lol

If I thought that way I wouldn't be able to watch any movies at all sir lol

I'm fine with dumb movies, I just roll my eyes when they try to sound smart while using a dumb premise.

Big Trouble in Little China? Awesomely dumb movie. A great time.

But imagine Armageddon if it was directed by flat earthers. Exact same film, but with a flat earth the whole way through being threatened by the same asteroid.

I'm fine with dumb movies, I just roll my eyes when they try to sound smart while using a dumb premise.

Big Trouble in Little China? Awesomely dumb movie. A great time.

But imagine Armageddon if it was directed by flat earthers. Exact same film, but with a flat earth the whole way through being threatened by the same asteroid.

Love Big trouble in little China.

9c818a7a77654554938813f666142ed3.jpg

When I watch a movie Im a "take the ride" or "don't take the ride" kind of a guy ;)

Beyond that of course no real explaination of why using more of the brain would give you such powers but really as said its more of a "turn your brain off" kind of film, at least in terms of the science.

Main advantage is Johansson plays isolated oddballs really well, most of her best roles end up being along those lines and I think for the first half especially gives a great performance, I think plays the "Dr Manhatten" story of becoming godlike robbing you of your humanity better than Watchmen did.

Back