I enjoyed Lucy

Decent enough flick, but I had to completely suspend disbelief at the premise.

It's such a stupid misunderstanding of neurobiology, the false claim that we "only use 10% of our brain".

This nonsense is derived from the fact that ~90% of the brain is neuroglial cells which are sort of like structural support for everything else.

It's like claiming that an office building isn't using the space occupied by the reinforced concrete that's holding the damn building up and if you could just tap into that space the building would be more productive.

Yea I agree but it's more of like an action movie to me. You just have to turn your brain off and enjoy it. We all know no human being could survive in like 99.9% of the action movies released.

Decent enough flick, but I had to completely suspend disbelief at the premise.

It's such a stupid misunderstanding of neurobiology, the false claim that we "only use 10% of our brain".

This nonsense is derived from the fact that ~90% of the brain is neuroglial cells which are sort of like structural support for everything else.

It's like claiming that an office building isn't using the space occupied by the reinforced concrete that's holding the damn building up and if you could just tap into that space the building would be more productive.
You would be nearly brain dead 🤣

Back