I feel bad for Spivac

Don’t feel bad for him, ye I’m a filthy casual but I guarantee if I was spivak I would have atleast looked good in defeat, he stood there taking shots without even getting hurt by most of them, it really was pathetic, gane at certain points was just standing right in front of him with his hands down, you’re telling me sergey’s corner doesn’t shout “right hook! Right hook!” atleast once?

Not fighter bashing, but one of the most pathetic main event showings I’ve seen in a long time. Bro is gonna lose a lot of fans (if he even had any to begin with)…
He seems like a weird nosferatu type creature but you know what he probably made more tonight than most Moldovans would in 10 lifetimes. He can go back home and buy a lada on 24 inch spinners and cruise around Chișinău absolutely slaying the local beavers

Don’t feel bad for him, ye I’m a filthy casual but I guarantee if I was spivak I would have atleast looked good in defeat, he stood there taking shots without even getting hurt by most of them, it really was pathetic, gane at certain points was just standing right in front of him with his hands down, you’re telling me sergey’s corner doesn’t shout “right hook! Right hook!” atleast once?

those shots hurt. big man on the internet calling a top ten ufc heavyweight "pathetic"

and gane moves like a gazelle, spivak didn't have anywhere near the speed to consistently hit him. and it isn't easy to cut someone off in an octagon compared to a square ring

those shots hurt. big man on the internet calling a top ten ufc heavyweight "pathetic"

and gane moves like a gazelle, spivak didn't have anywhere near the speed to consistently hit him. and it isn't easy to cut someone off in an octagon compared to a square ring
It is pathetic, cause it’s not my job to fight, it’s his, and he got an F grade for his profession, if you set a house on fire cause you wired it up wrong you get sacked, you don’t say “well you don’t know anything about wiring a house”

I don't. He was outclassed on the feet and had no answer in getting the fight to the ground. He decided to just keep it upright and take punishment until it was over. Not a great strategy against the superior striker.

I mean, this is not the first time someone looked completely lost against Gane on the feet. Spivac looked bad because he was frozen and had no answer for Gane.

Beyond the Francis & Jones fights, this looked like a typical Gane fight. He's far & away the best Heavyweight striker and if his opponents aren't able to take him down, or at the very least threaten to take him down? They're going to get pieced up.

some people forgot how dominant gane was against lewis and tuivasa, and in almost all his wins.
that's what he does to opponent and even if his weakness on the ground is real, he really fucked his fight against Jones, he wasn't the same from the start. The way he was flat footed, the way he was reckless with his jab, he wasn't his normal self.

Spivak is known for his ground, i think that's the first well ranked opponent that Gane fought in this style (except JJ). It was really encouraging to see his TDD. He seemed really confident out there.

When Spivac throws combos he looks like he’s being attacked by a swarm of bees

If I’m fighting a guy that sparked Tuivasa and got out grappled by broken knee Ngannou…I’m wresting or dying trying. Not shelling up on the cage and throwing one twos….terrible gameplay and I will fade Spivac in every fight going forward until he’s cut. My least favorite fighter ever.
seriously ? you think he didn't think about it ?

he tried but gane was too fast and was picking him apart from outside like he always does.

The fact that he shat the bed against Jone souldn't make us forget how good he is.

seriously ? you think he didn't think about it ?

he tried but gane was too fast and was picking him apart from outside like he always does.

The fact that he shat the bed against Jone souldn't make us forget how good he is.
Good point…I should bet my life savings on jones to win vs stipe.

Back