I guess I have to: I got my Purple belt and have some pictures to prove it.

boisefireman

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What could be better than testing for your Purple belt with your 18 year old son. It was a beat down before the test with some extreme exercise to wear us out. It worked. The 86 or so moves we had to show went very well, and then we had a long rolling session with guys testing for blues. Keith had fresh guys come in to rotate in for rolling.
If you listened to Keith on the fightworkspodcast a couple of weeks ago, he gives the low down on his belt testing philosiphy.
It was good and have the offical awards Tuesday. A guy from our gym is a photog and took hundreds of pictures. He post some here. Belt Testing 01-31-10 - a set on Flickr

PS it was a bad day to do a hard crossfit workout.

86 or so moves? Fuck man. How long did this damn test take? Did you have another kid of legal age by the time the test was over?

It took us all about 3 1/2 or so hours. My son and I had them dialed so we moved through them fast. Most of the time was physical conditioning type exercises

I like the 2nd to last pic.....its so cool that you get to train with Kenny Rogers!!

Congratulations! That belt is well deserved.

But tbh, you have been a purple for a little while now I'd say.

Thanks to everyone. I feel great because I got my purple with my son. He is very good and what a great memory to get when I'm old and I just found out that I'm getting promoted at work also. What a week. I need to buy lottery ticket.

He always knows when to hold it, or when to fold it. But, his gi always smells like chicken.

lol!

congrats, i saw on Keith's facebook that he had two students get promoted, didnt realize it was you and your boy! congrats again, that has to be awesome for you!

I forgot to say " good job " to my brother in law. He was one of the guys that got his blue belt. He really deserves it. We are going to be the "Gracie family" of Idaho. Hahahaha

Back