I had no idea Travis Scott was that famous...

Roflmao @ all the Americans in this thread saying they don't know who he is.

I'm in eastern Europe and I've heard of him thousands of times.

He is a fucking world famous rapper. He could literally throw a concert at some remote north pole iceberg and thousands of Eskimos would come

And no, he is not famous because of no fucking Kardashians LOL
not everyone listens to popular music. my parents dont know who eminem and tupac are either

i listen to rap but barely know any rappers since like 2010
I've gotten to that age where I stopped looking for new stuff, and a lot of new music in my genres sounds like shit to me. Mostly when I listen to music I just go on YouTube and look up stuff I like. I listen to the radio commuting but don't like most of the new stuff I hear.

If he's been done for it twice before I think he might. Guy at work told me he tried to stop it 3 times but continued to perform for 40 minutes. If people are getting really hurt, just drop the mic and stop your set.
Exactly. I saw a video of an ambulance trying to get through and he kept the show going like nothing was going on.

I've gotten to that age where I stopped looking for new stuff, and a lot of new music in my genres sounds like shit to me. Mostly when I listen to music I just go on YouTube and look up stuff I like. I listen to the radio commuting but don't like most of the new stuff I hear.
I am pretty much the same. But the GTAV soundtrack exposed me to Kendrick Lamar. I loved it. That’s still new to me, BTW - anything released after 2000. I have since stumbled across some really good rap like RTJ, and some excellent tech metal like Archspire. But not much else.

I am pretty much the same. But the GTAV soundtrack exposed me to Kendrick Lamar. I loved it. That’s still new to me, BTW - anything released after 2000. I have since stumbled across some really good rap like RTJ, and some excellent tech metal like Archspire. But not much else.
I've heard a few Kendrick songs I like too. Every once in a while I hear something newer I like and make a point to remember it, but it's rare.

Call me crazy but I think pop music has significantly improved since the late 1990s.

No homo, I swear, but I can't think of anyone with big main stream success from 1995-2010 who could put it down like Taylor Swift has over the last few years.

Call me crazy but I think pop music has significantly improved since the late 1990s.

No homo, I swear, but I can't think of anyone with big main stream success from 1995-2010 who could put it down like Taylor Swift has over the last few years.
I actually like Taylor a lot, always have. Delicate is probably one of my favorite pop songs ever. Big Katy Perry fan too, especially her stuff from 2009 to 2013 or so.

Roflmao @ all the Americans in this thread saying they don't know who he is.

I'm in eastern Europe and I've heard of him thousands of times.

He is a fucking world famous rapper. He could literally throw a concert at some remote north pole iceberg and thousands of Eskimos would come

And no, he is not famous because of no fucking Kardashians LOL
He’s a bum.

Walls of death are insane. I've done tons of moshing but never participated in Braveheart re-enactments. In my younger days, I would get in the pits and slam against everyone else. In my later years, I reduced myself to perimeter work: keep the shape of the pit, help those up that have fallen, keep those out that don't want in, and scoop up and return lost items (mostly sunglasses, shoes and wallets). The only times I saw pits become violent were when those unfamiliar with pit etiquette would either attempt to injure others or would "hardcore dance" which involves swinging your arms around wildly while also kicking. These people would have justice doled out to them quickly because ain't nobody got time for that nonsense. Metal shows appear chaotic, but in my experiences, pits are actually pretty safe and organized.

I've seen Slayer, Slipknot, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Lamb of God, Megadeth and dozens of other metal bands and have never witnessed the kind of things I've seen at rap concerts and, surprisingly, a Dave Matthews Band concert. DMB consisted of drunk frat boys who got way too liquored up and started fights while the rap shows were full of insecure tryhards who perceived every bump or nudge as an attack. It didn't matter if it was Outkast or Three 6 Mafia performing. People in the crowd were just itching for a confrontation.
<{dayum}>

...to have his own music festival. I thought he was just the guy who knocked up a Kardashian and did a bit of rapping in his spare time.

8 people are dead, another dozen in hospital and hundreds of injuries with people rushing the stage. I've been in what ended up a tent wide mosh pit and had to be picked up off the floor and it isn't pretty, this must have been really scary.
At least he was calling for security to try and sort it out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16652755/astroworld-festival-travis-scott-show/
His music is overrated. He got the Kardashian bump which is why he's so popular.

I only knew him cause of that mcdonald's commercial I thought he was a professional clown or something

Never heard of this turd.

No surprise he's fucking some Kartrashian cum dumpster.

Don't think for a second my experience is my fault. I know my shit when it comes to gigs and it was probably my 10th time seeing Korn. It was just RIDICULOUS putting them on the second stage when My Chemical Romance were on the main stage. I didn't stand a hope and I was stood at the back.

46 year old me now Ibought tickets for Mastodon next month with seats without thinking twice about it.
I am a big fan of Metal shows and go to concerta all the time,but I seldom go out of the clubs. I really dont want to go to a concert thats got 10,000 people or even a 1000 if i can avoid it. Thats just too many fucking people.

All these new "rappers" ain't rappers man, they pop teeny bopper clowns.

West coast is the best coast!
Nah

90s nasty dark raw Brooklyn shit destroys everything

Much more Pit Etiquette at metal shows. I broke my arm in one and I got picked up and immediately helped out....needless to say I stay out of them now.
Same for me. I snapped my Achilles and was helped out, and one of my friends just recently broke his arm in a pit and was helped as well. All the good bands say if you see someone go down to stop and help.

There is a much different vibe at the rap shows I’ve seen. Not as friendly.

I am sad nobody in this thread knew the joys of Travis Scott burger from Mcdonald's.

Back