I hate the way the interviewer starts leaving while the interview is still going.

They are probably told to end the interview but the way DC blocks people from speaking comes off as rude. It's definitive in that the fighter can't continue to talk and talk and talk that some of them will try to do, but being almost out of the cage while still announcing the winner is rude and looks very odd. DC is the biggest offender of this. The way Rogan used to do it back in the old days, standing there, showcasing the winner, and THEN walking away is the way to do it.

It's shit.

DC will be asking his questions, and then be like "okay, ladies and gentlemen, you're winner . . ."

But by that point he's already out of the octagon. Like wtf. Take the extra 5 seconds to wait around and finish what you're saying without walking off.

Can't wait to get back to his seat to promote his dumb podcast again or something.

Felder does it too.

ronda-lol.gif

I have noticed this for the last few years. It seems lazy and disrespectful, but I know most people don't care about little things like that anymore.

D.C. has kind of embraced the character of being a baby and unprofessional broadcaster especially if you watch the live weigh in show although it is admittedly more comedy based than most ufc shows.

That's hard. I almost never give a shit about the narratives because I'm not at all invested in them. For every Fallout New Vegas (gold standard for narrative/dialogue IMO!) where I'm truly invested in what happens there are 20 that are just jumps from one explosion noise to the next with a nonexistent plot.

Yeh, unless they're a focus like in New Vegas, good video game narratives don't get in the way. I've done lots of little, forgettable narratives for small indie mobile games that barely needed a narrative, but still needed something that wasn't intrusive. The majority of players just want action and don't much care about the narrative so long as it isn't distracting, unfortunately for me haha.

They get away with it because most people stop paying attention half way through the interview.

Only read first page but surely someone's said it, they are limiting the fighters mic time and they have a schedule.

One guy was telling dc his child had been burned, ol dc kept the same shit eating grin on, not registering a thing the poor guy was saying :oops:

Back