I have ZERO sympathy for fighters who were 'robbed' of a decision. Here's why

I hate this nonsense bullshit statement so much , the judges have a job they are being paid to do and they should be able to do it well , we all know they can’t and are a bunch of incompetent embarrassments but that’s beside the point .
I also hate the you have to “beat” the champion as if it’s close the champion should just be declared the winner . There’s no rule that says you have to completely fuck the champion up to win the title , but this is also cause and effect of the “don’t leave it to the judges” brainwave crowd

the saying should be, don't leave it to the individual state athletic commission appointed judges who have no understanding of the rule set and interpret them wildly different every time.

I'm sick....

Sick and tired of hearing the same drivel every day on Sherdog - 'Jared Gordon won', 'KKF was robbed', 'The judges gifted O'Malley a win', 'The judges shady as hell'. It's always the same shit. People even gaslighting KKF into thinking he was robbed of his full earnings and rank. I'm so sick...

Losing fighters clearly feel some type of way they lose a close fight. However, there's a simple solution to this debacle. The solution?

DONT LEAVE IT TO THE JUDGES.

Either dominate the other fighter or secure a finish. Plain n simple. Don't like they decision? Tough luck. YOU failed to convince the judges so YOU lost. Next time make your 'win' more convincing. You ain't getting big franklin's support.

Or the judges could just score the fights consistently as per the MMA scoring criteria.
Sure close rounds can swing either way but Gordon, KKF and Yan all won those fights under every available scoring criteria by winning more rounds than their opponent. The sport is fought in 3-5 x 5 min rounds. Decisions will happen. I'd rather a 15 min single round personally. It would result in more finishes overall, but that's not how the sport works.

Man these threads tend to deliver, but never fails to astonish me when some turd up and goes too far and does something like comparing opinions on UFC judging to victim blaming on rape cases because "they're the same thing"

Beyond hyperbole.

I think OP is implying that fighters shouldn't rely on tip tap to win fights but rather trty to finish the fight as quick as possible. He has somewhat of a point since there are many fights where it looks like they want to go to a decision which is always the worst thing to do.

Don't leave it to the hands of the judges is literally one of the dumbest sentences ever said in the history of MMA

Imagine GSP losing the decision to Jon Fitch after beating his ass for 5 rounds and your go to herp derp line of "don't leave it in the hands of the judges " like the guy wasn't trying hard to finish the opponent.

Nah, how about this? You suck at judging, you're fired. Plain and simple. You can't do your job correctly then you don't deserve to have it
Yeah not going to happen buddy you do realize that the judges work for the state and government officials almost never get fired.

This might seem wild to a person who hasn't ever fought inside of a cage/ring, but sometimes you can be better than a guy, but unable to put him away (for whatever reason, such as the other guy having immense heart/grit, or you're only slightly better overall).

It's also incredibly easy to tell a guy to just "go all out" from the comfort of your home, when you're not the one whose heart feels like it's about to burst inside of your chest, your arms are on fire, there's a sharp pain in your right foot, your left hand is numb, and your eye is swelling up.

Sure, it's always best to finish whenever one can, and plenty of fighters seem to let off the gas, coast, and generally reduce output in order to preserve their bodies with the hopes of a decision win, but it's not always the case that they're simply not being a "warrior" and going for the win. Sometimes they simply cannot win otherwise, and that's their absolute best shot at moving forward with their career.

You are Right. but this is the right way to not get robbed

RecklessQuerulousIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

That is the case in some fights 100% but it's their fault for letting the fight even get to that stage. They should be more strategic, skillful, athletic, etc to avoid a close fight from happening in the first place.
You don't think their opponent is trying to do the same thing? When you have 2 highly skilled fighters decisions are gonna happen. Easy as a spectator to expect fighters to go all out for your entertainment buts it's their job. If they get careless and loose they might be unemployed

Not sure why we don't see retired fighters judging. They seem to become commentators but why not Judges instead of these old geriatric guys and gals who never fought

While I agree there are a few fighters that will coast to victory because they believe they have it in the bag. I do feel a similar lack of sympathy for those fighters that lose those fights.

That being said, the vast majority of other fights are dishing and taking a ton of punishment from fighters in a hypercompetitive sport, and it clearly shows a lack of understanding of the level of competition they are facing when you try to oversimply say "don't leave it to the judges." Unfortunately it does go to the judges in very competitive matches, and incompetent judging can be very disheartening when it has to be relied upon.

I'm sick....

Sick and tired of hearing the same drivel every day on Sherdog - 'Jared Gordon won', 'KKF was robbed', 'The judges gifted O'Malley a win', 'The judges shady as hell'. It's always the same shit. People even gaslighting KKF into thinking he was robbed of his full earnings and rank. I'm so sick...

Losing fighters clearly feel some type of way they lose a close fight. However, there's a simple solution to this debacle. The solution?

Either dominate the other fighter or secure a finish. Plain n simple. Don't like they decision? Tough luck. YOU failed to convince the judges so YOU lost. Next time make your 'win' more convincing. You ain't getting big franklin's support.
Absolutely idiotic logic. Decisions are an established part of the sport. Incompetent judging doesn't mean fighters letting fights go to a decision is the issue; it means incompetent judging is the issue.

all that needs to happen is that the judges need to be interviewed after the controversial decisions and be asked to explain how they came to that conclusion.
These people put in these positions are all political. They are not there for their expertise and only in incredibly rare instances,like the one judge who scored a draw for Canelo against Mayweather,will cause so much public outcry that the athletic comission will do something about it.

I mean even when RJJ got screwed at the olympics,nothing was done about it. Everyone knows. "Too bad roy"

I'm sick....

Yeah. Every fight should be a one-sided whitewash.

That's the sport we crave.

LOL

These people put in these positions are all political. They are not there for their expertise and only in incredibly rare instances,like the one judge who scored a draw for Canelo against Mayweather,will cause so much public outcry that the athletic comission will do something about it.

I mean even when RJJ got screwed at the olympics,nothing was done about it. Everyone knows. "Too bad roy"

yeah but there's also nobody really putting the judges feet to the fire. only Adelaide Byrd for that Pacquiao fight was outted. if the journalists did their jobs they'd be getting these guys investigated.

I'm sick....

Even the wildest brawlers in MMA history have gone the distance.

Back