I haven't seen any of The Die Hards...

I feel like ur messing with me, hulk. But yes, 1 is all time classic. 2 is underrated and i like it, but not close to the 1st one. 3 is a lot of ppls favorite. I thought it was just ok. You've seen the one after that. Don't watch any after that.

The first three were all good. Die Hard should have been left alone as a trilogy.

It's OK. I just really fucking hate Bruce Willis so I think that really holds me back from enjoying it as much as should.

People like it because McClain's dialogue is pretty much the same dialogue Joe Everyman would like to think he would have in that situation, when in reality they would just be saying "oh, shit. Oh, shit, oh, shit," just before they surrendered to Alan Rickman and begged for his mercy.

But the point is, it's really the dialogue that sets it apart from your typical action movie, and also gives it a somewhat comedic element.

People like it because McClain's dialogue is pretty much the same dialogue Joe Everyman would like to think he would have in that situation, when in reality they would just be saying "oh, shit. Oh, shit, oh, shit," just before they surrendered to Alan Rickman and begged for his mercy.

But the point is, it's really the dialogue that sets it apart from your typical action movie, and also gives it a somewhat comedic element.
Honestly the only one I seen was Live free and Die Hard...and that mofo (Bruce Willis) escaped death in laughable situations...it was cheesy but I'm sure the older ones were not as lame

No need to write it in German.
We usually post in English.
The Hard. Not Die Hard

No need to write it in German.
We usually post in English.
The Hard. Not Die Hard
tumblr_lkgn2tSJMA1qa8vpro1_500.gif

To be fair, I've only seen the first and the fourth. Embarrassed to admit I didn't check out two, which is generally very liked and 3, which I saw many scenes of as a kid but didn't ever watch from beginning to end.

What I can say about the first one is that it towers above most action movies of the modern era because it has

a.) an awesome, everyman hero who is both heroic and a wiseass.
b.) one of the best villains of any action movie of the past thirty years
c.) carl winslow
d.) a cool setting and strong action setpieces

It is the real deal.

the first die hard is great, the second blows. the third is alright and everything after that watch something else.

the same can be said about the "Lethal Weapon" series, unless you're counting 5 and 6 made by the IASP crew...
156bu5d.jpg

There's just so much cliche. Especially the villains and the FBI. It's over the top but a classic flick worth watching.

1 is greatest Christmas movie ever made (Gremlins close second)
3 is great because of the chemistry between Willis and Jackson.

Just stop at die hard 3, the other dont exist to me.

Back