I just dont understand how Anderson Silva lost to Michael Bisping

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been biased against Bisping because I don't like how he behaves, but I try to be objective. His punches always look so slow in there most of the time unless his opponents are plodders, ie Alan Belcher, Cung Le, Chris Leben, etc. GSP looked so much faster tonight, it's like how did Bisping ever land a punch on Silva, who was so amazing in his prime and didn't get hit by basically anyone. That result still makes no sense to me. Are steroids that much of a miracle drug that Silva is bad enough to get hit by Bisping's punches when he doesn't get to take them?

he didnt

bisping got koed.... it was a robbery

Andy celebrated too early, lost focus for the remaining rounds, plus weird Bisping in England decisions

Andy would KO Bisping in a rematch, even now.

He refused to engage until Bisping was talking to the ref. Then decided it was a bad idea to follow up on a knockdown. GSP didn't do any of that. GSP GOAT.

Anderson is weird. He doesn't fight with urgency. He just kind of goofs around and waits for a win he assumes is coming. Also, Chris damaged him badly. GSP has never been wrecked like that. It changes a fighter.

He gassed TBH Silva hides it very well since he's a counter striker mainly. You take bisping into 4 or 5 you always lose those.

Difference was: Bisping showed up to fight, Silva showed up to dance. Then exposed himself as an absolute joke by sneaking in an unsportsmanlike knee and failing to put away a half dead, half blind dude with no exceptional skills besides a ton of heart. That's how he lost.

Could have something to do with Anderson being, oh I dunno, 41 years old...

Silva is 42yrsold for Fuck sake...

Prime Anderson murders Bisping and beats GSP on the same night

Anderson could have won that fight at any moment. He was hurting Bisping when he wanted but decided to just play around like he usually does waiting for that one big shot for a highlight real that wasn't coming.

All Anderson cares about now are highlight reals instead of actually fighting to win.

I get the age, but Bisping has never demonstrated the skill required to beat a fighter the caliber of Anderson Silva. Silva's reflexes could decline by 80% and that should still be enough to evade Bisping's punches. He looks like he's throwing underwater.

Historically, Anderson Silva relies on his opponents being scared shitless of him and allowing him to do some dazzling finish, but Bisping didn't follow the script.

Anderson was content with just standing right in front of bisping

Back