I just realized that Weidman and Rockhold destroyed each other

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All these years went by with me believing that Only Weidman had his career ended the night he fought Rockhold. But the reality is both guys were never the same after that fight.

Before the fight they were considered the two best middleweights in the world, after the fight they turned into walking KOs waiting to happen.

We know why Weidman was never the same. Luke hammered him like a nail through the octagon in one of the most brutal GNP sequences ever. But the real mystery is how did Rockhold get washed up? He's the one who did the brutalizing but somehow he was never the same.

All these years went by with me believing that Only Weidman had his career ended the night he fought Rockhold. But the reality is both guys were never the same after that fight.

Before the fight they were considered the two best middleweights in the world, after the fight they turned into walking KOs waiting to happen.

We know why Weidman was never the same. Luke hammered him like a nail through the octagon in one of the most brutal GNP sequences ever. But the real mystery is how did Rockhold get washed up? He's the one who did the brutalizing but somehow he was never the same.

I even feel dirty just by rewatching this.

OS2bjZK.gif

Personally think Weidman and Rockhold and Mousasi and Jacare and Romero, all of them back in the same weight class, Israel would have NEVER became a champ. If he had to go through them. Not sure if he would have winning record either.

Israel didn't have to face a SINGLE one in his run to the title. I guess UFC knows what they are doing to build people. They just got these murderers to fight each other.

Personally think Weidman and Rockhold and Mousasi and Jacare and Romero, all of them back in the same weight class, Israel would have NEVER became a champ. If he had to go through them. Not sure if he would have winning record either.

Israel didn't have to face a SINGLE one in his run to the title. I guess UFC knows what they are doing to build people. They just got these murderers to fight each other.
Thats really not fair imo.

Izzy has the skills to triumph in any of those encounters. It just happened to not work out that way. Look at how strong Costa looks against guys not named Izzy.

When we talk about life-changing or career-ending beatdown, what would you say is at play here ?
Is this more of a psychological mechanism, like, after such a beatdown, the sole idea of getting back in the octagon gives you nightmares ? And while fighting, you get overly cautious, or even fearful, effectively shutting you down ? Can self confidence be shattered to the point you transform into a ghost ?
Or is it party due to physical damages : brain damage, muscle and bone damages, anything chronic pain-inducing or movement-limiting ? Can your chin definitely fail after such a beatdown ?
Is this a combination of all this or am I missing something ?

Thats really not fair imo.

Izzy has the skills to triumph in any of those encounters. It just happened to not work out that way. Look at how strong Costa looks against guys not named Izzy.

Would pick prime Mous, Rockhold, Weidman, Romero against Izzy. People forget Romero is a human too, his prime can't be at 42 years old on two fight losing streak.

Maybe Jacare could go either way. I mean we'd never know for sure. But I don't think Izzy would've become a champ if UFC didn't look out for him and let him go through that line up.

Not at all.

lol

We’ve found Chris Weidman’s lurker account.

Chris made Luke look world class that night, it took the mighty Bisping to clip Luke and start his downward spiral.

Would pick prime Mous, Rockhold, Weidman, Romero against Izzy. People forget Romero is a human too, his prime can't be at 42 years old on two fight losing streak.

Maybe Jacare could go either way. I mean we'd never know for sure. But I don't think Izzy would've become a champ if UFC didn't look out for him and let him go through that line up.

Not at all.

Ufc could not and didn't hide him from any of those guys.

Gegard was in bellator BEFORE izzy signed with the ufc, how can you duck someone when you are not in the same organization?

Weidman and rockhold were no longer champs but still fighting top 10 guys and getting ko'd.
Romero was busy with Whittaker..

I would give every single one of them a good chance in their prime,but their primes simply came before his

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back