Law I know why we're helping Ukraine; But Congress should be charged with treason.

Another 100B for Ukraine and Israel. No money to defend our own border.

MTG is a kook but her riders to divert all that money to Hawaii/East Palestine were great.

All these bums should be put on a rocket to the sun.

In the Ukraine bill, of the $60.7bn, a total of about $23bn would be used by the US to replenish its military stockpiles, opening the door to future US military transfers to Ukraine. Another $14bn would go to the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, in which the Pentagon buys advanced new weapon systems for the Ukrainian military directly from US defence contractors.

There is also more than $11bn to fund current US military operations in the region, enhancing the capabilities of the Ukrainian military and fostering intelligence collaboration between Kyiv and Washington; and about $8bn in non-military assistance, such as helping Ukraine’s government continue basic operations, including the payment of salaries and pensions.

The package includes several Republican priorities that Democrats endorsed, or at least were willing to accept. Those include proposals that allow the US to seize frozen Russian central bank assets to rebuild Ukraine; impose sanctions on Iran, Russia, China and criminal organisations that traffic fentanyl; and legislation to require the China-based owner of the popular video app TikTok to sell its stake within a year or face a ban in the US.

---
$60 billion goes to 'Ukraine'.

$23 billion goes directly to the US' own stockpiles, leaving $37 billion.
$14 billion goes directly to US defence contractors, leaving $23 billion.
$11 billion goes to US military operations in the region, leaving $12 billion.

Of the remaining $12 billion, some of that is aimed at sanctioning fentanyl traffickers, ie, border security in terms of trafficking.

So you're pissy that around $8 billion goes to fund Ukraine in a manner that doesn't directly benefit the USA, but you're trying to pretend it's $100 billion to be an alarmist weirdo? The Israel stuff I'm with you on, they don't need shit.

No one actually cares about the "border"

Its only a concern for a small voter base that is scared of immigrants and politicians pretend its an issue even though it likely benefits the country.

Russia advancing on Europe is a real issue.

LoL. Democrats care. "Migrants will DESTROY NYC."

Eric Adams.

No one actually cares about the "border"

Its only a concern for a small voter base that is scared of immigrants and politicians pretend its an issue even though it likely benefits the country.

Russia advancing on Europe is a real issue.
I think a lot more Americans care more about our border not being secure than an European war.

I think a lot more Americans care more about our border not being secure than an European war.
I don't know the reality of that. But that would only be the case if said majority was uneducated on the matters. Most of the people who think the sky is falling regarding the border have zero actual ideas on how to fix it and most of them also probably still think that a big wall between Mexico and the US is an actual answer, never mind the fact they probably also believe Mexico is still gonna pay for that waste of a construction.

"Fix the border" isn't a helpful mantra. The reason the border is a problem is because there are no simple fixes, in fact any sort of realistic restrictions on immigration will have drastic negative impacts on the economy...well beyond the "they took our jobs" farce.

Citizens probably, but the politicians that won't stop yapping about it? Highly doubt it. The border is the new boogeyman/rally point for a lot of republicans. They don't want it to get fixed, if they actually wanted to do some good they would have passed the bipartisan bill but instead they bent the knee to Trump because politically it wouldn't be good for him.

Another 100B for Ukraine and Israel. No money to defend our own border.

MTG is a kook but her riders to divert all that money to Hawaii/East Palestine were great.

All these bums should be put on a rocket to the sun.
Support for Israel mainly is staying in U.S in reality cos it is for U.S factories production not money transfer. About Ukr the same and for Ukr mainly is going old stuff U.S anyway will not use cos they does have more modern stuff and replacement anyway should had been paid for even without war in Ukr.

About border financing Biden in November 2023 th told that he will sign financing bill for border physical security. If he will get such bill on the table.

Citizens probably, but the politicians that won't stop yapping about it? Highly doubt it. The border is the new boogeyman/rally point for a lot of republicans. They don't want it to get fixed, if they actually wanted to do some good they would have passed the bipartisan bill but instead they bent the knee to Trump because politically it wouldn't be good for him.
Yup. I agree that border should be secure but if reps really wanted to secure border they had agreed in November 2023 th and long ago money for border physical security had been on the table. For cameras, sensors, fences etc....
I really doubt that they wants border physically secured.

Now, since 1/6 everything they dont like conservatives have to call "treason" so the word looses its impact.

Nothing "treasonous" about congress choosing to vote one way or another.

More "treason" to storm the capitol to prevent a constitutionally required vote.

Doesn't most of the money in this bill just go to US Weapons Manufacturers who then pass on the equipment to Ukraine?

and ignored a key component of the illegal immigration issue.

rt0l8pr9bd2a1.jpg

Your Party doesn’t want a secure border and will vote down any legislation proposed by the democrats.
If you want to defend American borders then tell Putin dogs to pass THEIR OWN BILL.
I got curious why the GOP didn't give their support and but I wanna hear your take.

I support both preventing illegals crossing the US border and killing every Russian who cross Ukraine's. It's all border security.``

Doesn't most of the money in this bill just go to US Weapons Manufacturers who then pass on the equipment to Ukraine?
Its not as if ANY arms manufacturers are sitting on huge inventory of munitions waiting for a customer to randomly send an order, so they can do a two day delivery.

Most of the support goes to Ukraine in the form of close-to expiry-date equipment from US military long-term storage.
The actual money goes to US manufacturers to replace the equipment in the US Military inventory -which would have been done anyway once the expiry date had been reached.
In effect, it is a way to get paid to renew stored supply&equipment without having to pay the cost of destroying the aged munition etc, that they would have had to do otherwise.
The money goes to US companies in one of few sectors where the actual factories are still in the US.
But they would have received orders to replace the aging munitions soon anyway, so...

Basically the US army get a free inventory update while Ukraine gets munitions they need to use quickly or it will go past the "use before" date.

Back