I like Fedor, but you guys are such prisoners of the moment.

Stop looking at rankings.

If you think that Derrick Lewis is a good fighter, then please go and watch the Mark Hunt fight, or even watch the awful fights with Nelson, Tybura and Travis Browne. He was losing almost every one of those fights.

If you genuinely just brought up Arlovski, then I don't know what to tell you.

Guy, wake up. The Heavyweight division is ridiculously top heavy. Ngannou, Velasquez, Miocic or dos Santos would sleep almost all of those guys ranked 8-15 and beyond.

<36>

Ngannou is overrated and lewis is underrated.

Ngannou => 1-2 weight classes bigger, not a striker, his boxing is shit - he is jsut a puncher + PEDs by uncle dana

Velasquez?
<FookIsThatGuy>

Dos Santos? He is ded.

LMFAO

Stipe? Huge Stipe fan .. so yeah.

Mitrione is a good fighter you fucken dipshit.

Another shit thread from natural born dumbass.

Makes shit thread then admits he only watched Fedor in retrospect.

Not surprising this geek completely missed the context of the fight from Saturday night.

I forgot how deluded the Fedor fanbase is

agree,
i am a big Fedor Fan,
but he was slow on his feet and too predictable
Mir was just worst, didn't age well

I've been a fan of Fedor since the good ol' Pride days and I think he's definitely amongst the GOAT (especially considering he has almost always been undersized), but it's getting a bit out of hand if people now start thinking that Fedor at 41 years old knocks out 70% of the UFC HW division. He beat Mir who has not looked good for years. It was a good win, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he'd be amongst the elite in today's HW division. Just go back to his fight against Mitrione where he lost, that's a pretty strong indication that he'd struggle with the top 10 in the UFC. Not that he couldn't knock out anyone on a good day, it's just that it's not very likely he'd beat someone like Miocic.

I've been a fan of Fedor since the good ol' Pride days and I think he's definitely amongst the GOAT (especially considering he has almost always been undersized), but it's getting a bit out of hand if people now start thinking that Fedor at 41 years old knocks out 70% of the UFC HW division. He beat Mir who has not looked good for years. It was a good win, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he'd be amongst the elite in today's HW division. Just go back to his fight against Mitrione where he lost, that's a pretty strong indication that he'd struggle with the top 10 in the UFC. Not that he couldn't knock out anyone on a good day, it's just that it's not very likely he'd beat someone like Miocic.

theres always a chance, but its very unlikely.
anyway ... Im glad fedor didnt fight like a retard this time and hopefully he uses his other tools.

Who said "70% of the HW Division"??? 1 guy says that and now every Fedor fan thinks that???

Can we stop the biased bullshit guys, Fedor is finished.

Thoughts...?

Fedor is old. Over the hill. Been through huge wars with roided up giants. His hunger isn't there anymore. All this is true.

And I would still give him a pretty good chance against the best HW's in the world. Yes, he would also have a good chance against Stipe. That is why he is GOAT.

Yes, but Stipe destroyed all 3 of them, they weren't competitive lol. When you compare Mir's performances against Hunt and Arlovski, then we see what sort of difference we are dealing with.

Stipe ran through Maldonado, Fedor lost to him (minimum a draw).

We can all agree that the Heavyweight division is a mess, but I don't even think Fedor would beat JDS or Overeem personally, he definitely isn't beating Stipe.

I wish he would, I would like nothing more than Fedor to be the UFC champion, it was be incredible lol.

Obviously Fedor is old now. What are you even trying to argue about? Can't you tell when you are being trolled?

You are missing the point...

You are talking about Fedor's competition and then bringing up Stipe. The guys that Stipe had to fight to get the Title, all fought Fedor. Except when Fedor fought them, they were at their peek(minus Fabio).

VS Hunt at age 32...
Fedor2020Hunt1.jpg

VS Stipe at age 41...
HuntMandelSherdog.jpg

Andrei Arlovski at 29...
6917ff8d0d2cdcaad20cc3fcec606c96.jpg

VS Stipe at age 36...

031_Andrei_Arlovski.0.jpg

When Werdum was 32...
Fabricio-Werdum-vs.-Fedor-Emelianenko-fight-videos-replay.jpg

When he was 38...

fabricio-werdum-stipe-miocic-ufc-198.jpg

Going over this list I realized that most of Stipe's wins are over old/older HW's and when he did fight the younger guys, he often had problems or lost.

Matt Mitrione is a good heavyweight idc what anyone says, ground skills are lacking but he’s a tough out for anybody in the division

Fedor is like Michael Schumacher when he came out of retirement to drive for Mercedes. It's just a hobby for him at this point.

Beating Mir after him being out two years is far from impressive. Especially since Mir actually dropped him first. Mir’s inability to follow up shows that he’s done.

Meathead knocking Fedor out is a more accurate statement of the way things really are now imo.

If Bisping had beat GSP nobody would have given him credit for it. Because beating a former WW, who hadn’t fought in 4 years really wouldn’t have been that impressive.

For that matter. Mir beating Fedor wouldn’t have been impressive either.

Sometimes being out of the game can actually help guys especially if they were on a bad run of form and very experienced like Mir.

I think he’d definitely have been better off with winning a warm up fight or two but I don’t think that was the worst version of Mir by any means and not just physique wise.

So ... don't enjoy the moment?

Consider gardening instead of MMA, TS.

Mark my words.

Fedor will now fuck up the next two guys in that tournament.

This win was the exact thing he needed, a confidence boost. Something he didn't have for a long long time.

A confident Fedor is unbeatable.

<36>

Ngannou is overrated and lewis is underrated.

Ngannou => 1-2 weight classes bigger, not a striker, his boxing is shit - he is jsut a puncher + PEDs by uncle dana

Velasquez?
<FookIsThatGuy>

Dos Santos? He is ded.

LMFAO

Stipe? Huge Stipe fan .. so yeah.

Mitrione is a good fighter you fucken dipshit.

Did your mother drop you when you were a baby, or where you just born stupid?

Agreed, TS.

People need to appreciate Fedor for what he has done and who he was in his Pride days. All good things come to an end and not every fighter will stop at the right moment to prevent their legacies from being tarnished.

If you honestly think that the cage is that big of a deal then I'm not sure what to say.

I know there is this narrative that he's awful in a cage, and heck that might even be true. All of the things Frank pointed out pre-fight may be true, he's not good up against the cage, he doesn't use it the right way etc. none of that stops you from landing a counter inside of a space, and that is what happened. If we saw Fedor wall-walk and do other stuff in relation to the cage, then I may half agree with you, but we saw nothing of the sort.

Fedor won by swinging winging punches at a guy who was also winging punches, nothing about that was high-level. The best thing we saw from Fedor was the hip toss, that was great.

He beat a plodding, slow, over the hill, compromised fighter. You say Rome wasn't built in a day lol, the guy is 40, he's been trying to build Rome for quite some time now.
Fedor's whole career was throwing swingin and winging punches. His whole career.

The fight this weekend showed me that Mir should have retired 2 years ago. Fedor is old, slower and doesn't have a chin. I see Sonnen winning when they fight next.

Back