I love Yan's minimalistic style

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
He's very technical on the feet but is very good at conserving his energy. For someone with a master of sport in boxing he has non existent head movement but he makes it work with his high guard and he just blocks or backs up, let's you punch yourself out, and eventually breaks you. He did my boy Aldo like that but I love his style. ...

He's an efficient and pragmatic fighter. Absolutely love it.

This is my last thread tonight I promise lol

He was toying with Aljo as the fight was progressing. What a poor way for the fight to end and he has nobody to blame but himself.

It is an interesting style. Dominick Cruz vs Yan would be interesting although I don't think Cruz deserves to be near another title shot

He's a machine.

I love when the fighters start out slow to read their opponents and then just gradually pick them apart as the fight goes on.
This has become quite a hallmark of greatness from boxing and now mma

His defense is really solid but I think he needs to up his workrate a bit. I can see fighter like Dillashaw build a huge lead on him early and him running out of time

People always underrated Yan for legit no reason in my book. After this I don't see any BW beating him (I think he'd fuck Cejudo up tbh)
I could see TJ and Sandhagen being a problem and maybe even Merab but he suprised me tonight and I def underrated him a bit

Did u guys see the score cards ...yan only up 1 round

Such BS

Yan was up 4-0 ...3-1 at minimum

TS solution to striking: why not just back up.

He is a sniper. One of those who lays around for days in the same spot and pisses in a bottle if he has to but stays, waits and fires when the shot is there. Dude has great striking, good TD defense/offense. He is a problem in this division and imo will beat Aljo.

I thought Sterling was beating Yan up for the first few minutes of the fight, but it turns out that Yan was just defending everything and waiting for the right moment to strike
For sure . Aljo had some success in the first but it proved to be short lived as he was just kind of pouring it on without causing any real damage or getting any control time on the ground. Eventually his spirit started breaking and Yan was starting to tear his heart out of his chest. It would've been a brutal beatdown had he not thrown that idiotic knee.

Did u guys see the score cards ...yan only up 1 round

Such BS

Yan was up 4-0 ...3-1 at minimum
They only scored the first three rounds so it was 2-1 Yan. If it went to the last round then it would have been 3-1 Yan.

For sure . Aljo had some success in the first but it proved to be short lived as he was just kind of pouring it on without causing any real damage or getting any control time on the ground. Eventually his spirit started breaking and Yan was starting to tear his heart out of his chest. It would've been a brutal beatdown had he not thrown that idiotic knee.
I actually thought that was a clinical display of fight IQ.

After the first 30 seconds of the fight, Yan was thinking to himself "this fool is gonna punch himself out and I'll just beat the shit out of him later in the fight" and he did EXACTLY THAT before he potato'd out with the knee. He was well on the way to finishing Sterling before that.

Back