I miss the focused , prime Conor.

He used to talk like an old timey boxer using wit and humor to charm an audience.

Fast forward to now: I think the cocaine use has made it impossible for him to speak like that again. He's just angry and screaming most of the times these days.

Think of it this way. If the Conor of 2015 were to say what the Conor of 2021 says, with his banshee screaming and blunt rage, no wit.... He wouldn't be popular.

Fighting skill set aside. Even if he was winning fights, but was rage screaming like he does now, he would have never been popular in the first place. 2015 Conor grew to fame because of slick wit. He doesn't possess that anymore.

I miss Conor when he was like this
82KXAYg.jpg

He had to have that focus if he wanted to become mega-rich like he is today. Once that was achieved then it was over. Reminds me of what Cus said about Tyson. That fighting was 75 percent mental and that if he remained dedicated and without distractions then he may possibly go down as the greatest HW we ever had. Once he was given the world his dedication waned and his skills deteriorated.

Conor was never as great as Mike but I think a similar thing happened to him.

I think he would've been pretty dominant if he stayed at Featherwight. He still had a few styilistic matchups that cause him issues, but he could've managed a few defenses.
Instead he went up to Lightweight, where IMO is very difficult for him since the contenders are bigger and more well-rounded.
I doubt Conor would've had the same success if he had to climb the Lightweight ranks like he did for the Featherweight division.
Way too many killers there, probably would've been top 10 or lower top 5 at his best.

Man back in 2015 that man was the real deal ! Fw Conor was the best thing that could happen to the ufc.

He should go back to 145 lbs then. not a chance.

He used to talk like an old timey boxer using wit and humor to charm an audience.

Fast forward to now: I think the cocaine use has made it impossible for him to speak like that again. He's just angry and screaming most of the times these days.

Think of it this way. If the Conor of 2015 were to say what the Conor of 2021 says, with his banshee screaming and blunt rage, no wit.... He wouldn't be popular.

Fighting skill set aside. Even if he was winning fights, but was rage screaming like he does now, he would have never been popular in the first place. 2015 Conor grew to fame because of slick wit. He doesn't possess that anymore.
Old Conor blasted Lamas for eating a pizza in his hotel

current Conor eats it with him and a few lines

Go watch old tapes, cause you ain't seeing that shit again.

Back