I Need a BJJ-LIKE Opinion

RNCbrettg

Orange Belt
Reaction score
im a high school student, and i actively train in bjj, hs wrestling, and mma. ive competed in various competitions in ammy boxing, wrestling comps, grappling comps, etc.

theres a little on my backround...anyways:

one of my friends informed me a couple days ago that there was a kid that went to his school (our schools our close) that trained in muay thai. i thought, "oh cool, good to know there are some other high schoolers training." (at least around here it is uncommon. BUT he also went on to say that he FREQUENTLY picks fights with kids and ruthlessly beats them with what sounded like leg kicks, knees, head kicks, punches, etc.

this disgusted me and made me want to find him and confront him.

so i would like to hear what your guys' thoughts are. should i confront this cowardly mf'er?

Fighting for a good cause feels good.. especially with a win... Get 'em!

You only have second hand info about this guy. Don't go out picking fights. If he tries stuff directly with you or your friends then you will have to re-evaluate then.

do you know he definitely does this stuff or is it all hearsay and stuff you've heard second hand? if it's for real you should hook up a "training" session and use it to cornhole him unmercifully.

your in highschool its not like you can get arrested... fuck em up lol. But, on a real note its really not smart to pick a fight with a guy you barely know about.

Agreed with others saying not to. Maybe some douche picked a fight with this kid, got miraculously head-kicked, and played it off as "Man, he must train youeffcee, because he has maui tie like Alderson Sylvia!" If you run into this kid on your own randomly, make your own assessment, because a game of telephone with fisticuffs is just a bad plan.

your in highschool its not like you can get arrested... fuck em up lol. But, on a real note its really not smart to pick a fight with a guy you barely know about.

I don't know what highschool you went to but the fights at the SoCal school I went to led to arrests just often enough for me to want to end them quickly and GTF outta there.

well since he trains in Liverpool be probably sucks balls so yeah kick his ass.

Uhh, no, it's not a good idea to go around trying to beat up some random kid just because you heard something.

Find out who he is, talk to him, and see if he seems aggressive. If you see him actually attack someone, feel free to firemans carry him and drop him on his back on the linoleum. Then proceed to knee on belly.

Don't drop him on his head, because that could seriously hurt him. Leg kicking people doesn't earn him a concussion or brain damage. Just don't do it.

Mind your own business until you actually witness him bullying someone that obviously can't fight back.

You know there are like pedos, rapists, girl beaters etc out there- and you wanna fight the bully? Go for it.

You're not Batman. Don't go looking for trouble just because you heard he's a bully. I could spend the rest of my life chasing down bullies, guys who hit chicks or beat their dogs etc...but have enough other things to occupy my time.

If you see something firsthand and feel obligated to act, do so with the knowledge he trains and act accordingly. Keep yourself, your friends and family safe and stop worrying about people you don't even know.

Not everyone trains for the right reasons.

im a high school student, and i actively train in bjj, hs wrestling, and mma. ive competed in various competitions in ammy boxing, wrestling comps, grappling comps, etc.

theres a little on my backround...anyways:

one of my friends informed me a couple days ago that there was a kid that went to his school (our schools our close) that trained in muay thai. i thought, "oh cool, good to know there are some other high schoolers training." (at least around here it is uncommon. BUT he also went on to say that he FREQUENTLY picks fights with kids and ruthlessly beats them with what sounded like leg kicks, knees, head kicks, punches, etc.

this disgusted me and made me want to find him and confront him.

so i would like to hear what your guys' thoughts are. should i confront this cowardly mf'er?

its just a rumor. you shouldn't hate anybody because of a rumor. on the flip side it sucks when people who don't even know you hate you because of something they heard.

Yes, fight him and choke him till he passes out, then take his pants and hide them and wait for him to wake up, Bas Rutten style.

Actually now that I think about it the Gracie way to solve this would be to challenge him to a NHB fight on the beach and show up wearing only a speedo.

Back