"I never gon fight at 170, never, I want everybody know I never fight at 170" - Khabib

Lol old posts are a funny reminder how most people have no clue what they're talking about and are shit at analyzing fighters.

To be fair, the gap between 155 and 170 is huuge. To be even more fair, they should meet somewhere around 160-165. At 170 Colby will have a huge advantage. And regardless of Khabib's skill, it will be too much for him.

Khabib fought 10/16 fights at WW before he permanently dropped to LW for his UFC debut. And has since missed weight, had a catchweight fight, and been hospitalized trying to make LW.

He's also a Sambo world champ in the 74 and the 82kg classes. That's 163lbs and 181lbs. And a NAGA World WW grappling champ.

Khabib is a WW. That's why he struggles so much to get to LW, and why as mentioned he's also failed to do so.

Doesn't mean all that much these days

Tell that to Dillashaw who just got KO'd in 30 seconds trying it while on PEDs. And don't forget Max who's next up and who didn't even make it to the fight last time he tried, and is this time fighting a guy who's already beaten him before.

I have no issues with this. I wish Roberto Duran had same attitude in boxing career.At his proper weight class- a pure legend/goat.

Maybe if Conor cut more weight he wouldn’t be on a 3 year winless streak.

Tell that to Dillashaw who just got KO'd in 30 seconds trying it while on PEDs. And don't forget Max who's next up and who didn't even make it to the fight last time he tried, and is this time fighting a guy who's already beaten him before.

Exactly.

Thinly veiled Conor-hater remark.

What's more impressive: Jon Jones reigning over LHW against lil puppy up-and-comers or going up to take on his rival DC and snatching his belt?

Exactly.

Khabib fought 10/16 fights at WW before he permanently dropped to LW for his UFC debut. And has since missed weight, had a catchweight fight, and been hospitalized trying to make LW.

He's also a Sambo world champ in the 74 and the 82kg classes. That's 163lbs and 181lbs. And a NAGA World WW grappling champ.

Khabib is a WW. That's why he struggles so much to get to LW, and why as mentioned he's also failed to do so.

<mma4> i stand corrected

Of course it does... Two is always better than one, especially when it comes to championships

Being the GOAT of a weight class / era will be more everlasting than being the guy that won a belt in two divisions. there are already a lot of double champs and there will be even more in the future. being established as the best LW ever will be a more lasting legacy. risk/reward for moving up isn't there. specially against the current WW lineup

Why Khabib? Big fan of his style, but this goes to show that he knows he would be less successful against larger men. He cuts a stupid amount of weight to make 155 and has had to pull out on multiple occasions. This is why we should have a 165, would be perfect for guys like him, Prazeres, and any other giant lightweight. How can you weigh 190 and be a lightweight?
so how yes...

This is one reason Khabib will never be in the Goat conversation.

Being the GOAT of a weight class / era will be more everlasting than being the guy that won a belt in two divisions. there are already a lot of double champs and there will be even more in the future. being established as the best LW ever will be a more lasting legacy. risk/reward for moving up isn't there. specially against the current WW lineup

Why did you just completely miss my point? There's nothing stopping him from becoming the GOAT at Lightweight AND winning the Welterweight Championship on top of it

For some, though, he'll be most remembered for not taking the risk to face tougher/heavier competition.

That might not be totally fair, but given his history at 170 and history of difficulties at 155 (and lack of competition there, at least thus far), it would be exciting to see him challenge himself at a higher weight class.

GSP, for example, is thought of as both the WW GOAT and the guy who was too afraid to move up to face Anderson.

Lol what a pussy
McGregor-Khabib.jpg

Why did you just completely miss my point? There's nothing stopping him from becoming the GOAT at Lightweight AND winning the Welterweight Championship on top of it

Because your point is dumb. The risk at 170 is alot greater and the reward is not. He has more to lose than gain by jumping weight classes. Beating Usman is not going to be a marque fight, whether for legacy or money

Back